Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,200 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance independent risk management function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all front-line business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Regulatory Change Management Office is responsible for establishing and maintaining the regulatory change management process utilized within the company. This team is responsible for developing and maintaining policy and procedures, providing governance and oversight and conducting aggregate reporting for regulatory change management activities.
The Regulatory Change Management Office seeking a seasoned Compliance Consultant to assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of an automated solution to support regulatory change management activities, develop aggregate regulatory change management reporting and metrics, support compliance team members on the automated solution and regulatory change management activities. This position will interact with compliance consultants, peer teams supporting technology and reporting capabilities, Legal Department, Wells Fargo Audit Services and other oversight groups.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of an automated regulatory change management solution
- Develop content for required training, procedures and other tools utilized by team members conducting regulatory change management activities
- Support team members using interim tools and automated solution
- Develop and implement valued aggregate reporting and metrics for regulatory change management activities
- Maintain understanding of compliance risk management system and modules and regulatory change management considerations across the modules
- Exercise effective communications with peer teams and enterprise risk functions
- Collaborate and communicate emerging risks and regulatory change management concerns to the Regulatory Change Governance Council and senior management
- Understand and effectively apply the Corporate Regulatory Compliance Policy and Procedures and the Regulatory Change Management Policy and Procedures
Preferred locations include Charlotte, Des Moines, San Antonio, Minneapolis and San Francisco. Other WF HUB locations may be considered.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding the financial services industry
- An active Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) designation
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in conducting or governing regulatory change management activities
- Masters degree or JD degree a plus
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.