At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wells Fargo Investment Portfolio (IP) was formed to bring all of the firm’s investment portfolios under combined leadership. IP manages two primary portfolios: one portfolio consisting of high-quality, liquid assets and another, of investment-grade, credit-sensitive assets. In addition, IP has responsibility for the Reinsurance and Renewable Energy groups within Wells Fargo.
This role will provide full Compliance coverage over the Credit Investment Portfolio (CIP) within IP. CIP is responsible for the evaluation of credit-sensitive investment opportunities across a broad spectrum of asset classes. CIP leverages Wells Fargo’s credit culture and expertise to make attractive risk vs. return investments for the bank an emphasis on credit analysis. Accordingly, each investment is underwritten from the bottom up with thorough credit, structural, and legal analysis, and is monitored continuously until final repayment of principal.
IP Compliance is seeking a Senior Compliance Officer (CO) to lead and fully manage the CIP Compliance Program by directing the design, implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive compliance program that will: (1) establish and maintain corporate governance programs; (2) enhance compliance structures due to new laws, regulations, Corporate and Wholesale requirements and new products; (3) assist with the enhancement and maintenance of a fully integrated and streamlined Compliance Program oversight process.
The CO will be the subject matter expert and main point of contact for all regulatory Compliance matters including but not limited to the Volcker Rule, Swap Dealer, Regulation W, 12 CFR 1, Regulation O, Flood Disaster Protection Act (FDPA), and other applicable requirements. CO will be responsible for managing the implementation of Compliance related projects in close coordination with the IP Infrastructure team and other partners. The CO will be expected to lead the CIP Compliance Program and deliver presentations to CIP and IP management. The CO will work closely with the IP trading desk and Macro Investments Portfolio (MIP) CO and IP Compliance management.
Other responsibilities/accountabilities will include:
- Design and deliver training to CIP team members
- Develop new Compliance controls and enhance existing ones
- Closely work with the IP Compliance Governance and Oversight team to accurately document controls in SHRP
- Engage and present to regulatory bodies when required
- Lead cross functional CIP/MIP/trading desk related Compliance projects
- Enhance relationships with other Wholesale groups such as Wells Fargo Securities
- Build out CIP EMEA Compliance program
- Assist and/or lead in the remediation of CIP/IP related issues
- Support IP Compliance Management and assist in management objectives.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 12+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 12+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 6+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Volcker Rule, Swap Dealer, Regulation W, 12 CFR 1, Regulation O, FDPA, Regulation K, and Wholesale Information Barriers
- Drafting policy and procedures experience
- Proven enterprise process improvement skills
- Proven project management improvement skills
- Experience in legal services, financial services, audit or regulatory organization
- Ability to collaborate with others, initiate action, challenge others, make difficult decisions, generate creative solutions, achieve results and accept challenging assignments
- Ability to analyze and communicate the applicability of laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance to the platform
- Have good judgment and problem solving abilities
- Capability to interpret new rules and determine affected areas within the firm
- Must be organized and have the ability to engage in several projects at one time
- Internal governance experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Juris doctor degree or at least 5 years of compliance experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.