No other industry is changing as rapidly or as broadly as health care. But to us, change is invigorating. It gives us a chance to continue to innovate as we shape the future. As a Compliance Consultant with us, you will monitor changes to laws and regulations to ensure compliance with State and Federal mandates. It's an exhilarating pace where you can develop your career while you help to make the health system work better for everyone.
This position is necessary to support customer requirements supporting onsite and remote audits specific to security and privacy control requirements.
Manage or facilitate virtual or project teams supporting:
- General audit & Compliance team activities
- Individual, team, overall work environment enhancements
- Managing, maintaining, enhancing Audit & Compliance processes regarding Government Compliance security and privacy controls. Specifically:
- CMS MARS-E
- IRS Publication 1075
- FISMA, NIST 800-53, & FIPS
- Report requirements and metrics, including monthly segment reporting
- Research and respond to customer, customer/regulatory auditor or regulatory agency questions, as needed
- Identify, develop, and adopt process improvements to support efficient processing and best practices
- Liaison Activities:
- Support and facilitate communication and relationship with key business contacts working with, among, and between internal infrastructure and application teams in the gathering of documentation/artifacts to support inquiries and audits
- Coordinate and ensure Management and key Stakeholders review and development of responses to all audit findings related to Government Compliance security and privacy control matters, as needed; Communication of issues, potential risks and audit results; Auditors and application / business segments; Information Technology (IT), Legal, Internal Audit, Privacy, Ethics & Integrity, Human Relations (HR) and Communications
- Assist, coordinate, or facilitate external and internal audit site visits, as needed;
- Direct technical issues to appropriate infrastructure & application teams, as needed
- Data base management, reporting and customer/management assessment communications
- Undergraduate degree, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working in with government IT and/or IT Audit
- 2+ years of experience working with regulator audit
- Experience with Government Compliance security and privacy controls with the ability to translate requirements to process owners and SMEs.
- Knowledge of exam management methodologies and tools, including ability to identify and manage resources
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills
- Superior oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to assess complex problems and recommend the appropriate compliance solutions;
- Working experience with Medicare and/or Medicaid regulations
- 2+ years of experience performing data analysis
As a Fortune 6 leader, UnitedHealth Group has created an environment that brings out the best in every single one of our 188,000 employees. And our mission couldn't be more critical. Take this opportunity to help millions live healthier lives and do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.