At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Auto Originations Compliance is responsible for establishing and assuring execution of compliance programs for Wells Fargo Auto’s Direct and Indirect Originations functions, including multiple regulatory environments (e.g. OCC, Fed, CFPB, state AG), and including, but not limited to, direct or indirect responsibility for:
- Compliance Advisory support
- Compliance Annual Plan development and execution
- Compliance Risk Assessment activities and reporting
- Compliance Monitoring/Oversight, and support for Independent Testing
- Compliance Policy/Procedure implementation and execution
- Compliance Training delivery and reporting
- Compliance Change Management activities
- Compliance Exam Management support
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will be responsible for providing compliance management support to Wells Fargo Auto’s Direct and Indirect Originations functions, without direct accountability for execution, including, but not limited to:
- Consumer Marketing & Advertising
- Underwriting (Indirect & Direct)
- Contract or Loan Booking
- Dealer Funding
- CarMax relationship
- Auto Leasing
Coordinate with other Compliance teams to provide Wells Fargo Auto’s Direct and Indirect Originations functions coverage for enterprise-wide compliance programs including, but not limited to:
- Fair Lending
- Employee conduct
- Third Party oversight
Maintains an awareness of the state of compliance across Wells Fargo Auto and in the direct and indirect automotive finance industry. Provides subject matter expertise across Wells Fargo Auto on appropriate and adequate controls for Direct and Indirect Originations functions. Ensures that all compliance-impacted business issues are proactively identified and addressed appropriately, escalating where necessary. Manages relationships and fosters a team orientation with corporate, business heads, legal, audit and multiple regulators. Represents Wells Fargo Auto’s Direct and Indirect Originations functions, in the external community, including with senior regulators and trade groups.
Location: Chandler, AZ; Minneapolis, MN; Irving TX; or Raleigh, NC
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 8+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 4+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Juris Doctor (JD)
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- An active Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) designation
- Previous regulatory, legal, audit, operational risk or compliance experience in financial services
- Experience with overseeing projects/work flow across a global institution
- Experience with Indirect and Direct Auto industry
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.