Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks.
Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, this group provides an independent oversight function within the second line of defense, establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing function at the corporate level. They are responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams throughout corporate risk will be responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
This position will be responsible for managing a team that conducts testing of the Operations group within Payments, Virtual Solutions & Innovation. This role will provide the Independent Risk Management testing support required by the Corporate Policy requirements that have been implemented by the Enterprise Testing group.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead a team of Compliance Consultants in conducting regulatory compliance testing and issue validation from start to finish
- Provide thought leadership, people leadership, and individualized coaching and guidance
- Review and approve the testing workpapers created by the Compliance Testing Team
- Assign and manage the compliance test schedule and workload
- Build strong relationships and collaborate effectively across the Operations group, as well as with other line of business, Corporate Compliance, Legal, and Audit partners
- Research and understand the regulatory risks that exist within specific business processes
- Design and document regulatory compliance control testing scripts
- Develop strategies to effectively sample the relevant population
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls
- Identify issues resulting from conducting regulatory compliance examinations
- Report findings and recommendations to senior management
- Work with the line of business to understand the business processes and the controls that have been established to mitigate the risk
- Provide credible challenge to line of business group regulatory compliance risk management activities
- Manage projects as assigned
- Monitor and assess regulatory changes and impacts
We are open to a candidate in any location in the Wells Fargo Footprint as well as Telecommute.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business.
Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 8+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 4+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Experience in managing Compliance Testing teams
- Demonstrated people leadership experience
- Experience developing and enhancing compliance programs
- Advanced degree preferred (e.g. JD, MBA, etc.)
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to manage deadlines and prioritize workload
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret large quantitative or qualitative datasets
- Experience working effectively across business units to identify and mitigate risk
- Demonstrated leadership on high risk projects or initiatives
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret regulations, policies, reports, and business processes
- Working knowledge of financial services-related regulations and expectations
- Strong understanding of process controls and the control environment
- Experience reviewing business processes and identifying control gaps
- Wells Fargo systems knowledge (Hogan, UW, etc.)
- Wells Fargo compliance systems knowledge (SHRP, etc.)
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.