At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
The Wholesale Testing & Validation (T&V) team is seeking an experienced Risk leader to lead a team responsible for the development, integration and enhancement of Wholesale T&V tools, training and testing process documentation within the Infrastructure & Support team.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Accountability for Wholesale T&V testing process needs:
- Manage the ongoing evaluation of corporate regulatory and operational policies, standards and procedures to ensure appropriate alignment and connectivity, providing assessment of impact to testing and testing tools
- Manage the Wholesale T&V communication with testing teams regarding impacts to testing due to enterprise initiatives beyond Enterprise Testing requirements
- Own and manage the inventory of Wholesale T&V group level test scripts and ongoing assessment of inventory of applicable regulatory sources and policies applicable to Wholesale for impacts to existing scripts or need to develop additional scripts
- Manage escalated matters such as policy violations, deviations, and exception requests
- Develop and maintain an understanding of:
- Wholesale business and compliance programs, including the structure, responsibilities, and key processes,
- Corporate policies and procedures, including the Independent Monitoring, Testing, and Validation Policy, Issues Management Policy, etc.
- Enterprise Testing structure, alignment, and responsibilities
- Closely coordinate with other Infrastructure & Support leaders on testing process, system enhancements, audit/regulatory requests, quality review, and reporting.
- Manage inquiries and responses from third parties such as audit, regulators, other second line teams, etc.
- Support the growth and development of team members
- Additional responsibilities as identified by management as needed
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Ideal candidate would be able to sit in the Fort Mill, SC office; however, candidates in other locations in the WF Footprint may also be considered.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 8+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 4+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of management experience
- Ability to influence executive decision-making and successfully negotiate critical issue resolution related to program initiatives
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to prepare and present senior level communications
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- 10+ years of experience in the financial services industry in or supporting Wholesale Banking (or similar) lines of business sufficient to demonstrate thorough working knowledge of products/services, key processes/systems, organizational structure, and the regulatory compliance and operational risks of these areas
- Demonstrated experience with risk analysis and Testing & Validation methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with oversight of Testing & Validation program
- Experience executing compliance testing and validation for adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Proven ability to influence decisions with difficult topics when partnering with senior management including the willingness and ability to question decisions and escalate issues
- In-depth understanding of risk management policies and programs (preferably Wells Fargo specific)
- Working knowledge of the ORG Platform tools, uses and reporting, e.g., SHRP, CRAS+, RCSA and corporate-wide practices mandated by the Operational Risk Group (ORG).
- Experience working in Wells Fargo’s Wholesale Banking Group and deep understanding of Wells Fargo’s Products, Services and Regulatory requirements.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.