At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
As a leader within the Enterprise Testing - Home Lending Testing and Validation team, the Investor - Agency Testing Team Leader will lead a team responsible for developing and performing compliance testing in accordance with investor and agency requirements. This team will be responsible for routine transactional testing and reporting - monthly and quarterly – as prescribed by investor (ex: Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac) and agency (ex. FHA/HUD) seller and servicer guides. Scope of testing coverage will include real estate loan originations, performing servicing, and default management activities. The Compliance Manager will directly oversee 40-50 U.S.-based team members and will coordinate with Enterprise Global Services, who augment testing objectives.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Managing the development and implementation of a compliance testing program for the Wells Fargo Home Lending business channels and related mortgage servicing activities to assure compliance with federal, state, and specific investor/agency requirements
• Performing a coordinated transactional testing program for Home Lending processes
• Coordinating with the Home Lending Testing and Validation teams to design programs to meet investor-agency requirements and inform control testing activities
• Partnering with Independent Risk Management (IRM) consultants to ensure a coordinated testing approach for mortgage loan originations, performing servicing, and default management
• Engaging Home Lending Capital Markets and other frontline teams for effective self-reporting responsibilities
• Coordination and communication with compliance/operational risk partners, business lines, the Law Department, Internal Audit and external agencies, as necessary
• Working with frontline and/or functional management to resolve issues and address deficiencies
• Preparing management reporting and other related activities for senior leadership
• Providing Audit & Exam support for regulatory and operational issues, as needed
• Providing compliance risk expertise to business projects and initiatives, as needed
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
• Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
• Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Preferred Locations -
• Des Moines, IA
• Tempe, AZ
• Charlotte, NC
• San Antonio, TX
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to prepare management level presentations
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Good reporting skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Experience in mortgage lending and/or servicing operations and/or quality assurance functions
• Working knowledge of federal consumer lending laws and/or investor and agency requirements
• Applicable compliance and/or operational risk certifications (CRCM, CISA, CIA, etc.)
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.