At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This is a highly specialized technology leadership role focused on Compliance technologies and will be responsible for supporting the technology architecture related to compliance initiatives for the Enterprise, and providing the ability to challenge existing business architected solutions that have compliance implications.
The Compliance Technology Area Leader (Tech Dev Sr Mgr 2) will:
- Create and maintain an enterprise roadmap for regulatory compliance, and all business applications with regulatory and compliance impact.
- Assist business heads and Corporate Compliance with ongoing assessment of the technology environment as it relates to effective management of regulatory compliance risk.
- Establish a technology roadmap to build out a best in class technology environment to support compliance requirements across the enterprise;
- Establish Enterprise technology governance practices. Integrate with major business lines’ compliance initiatives from an operational and technology perspective ensuring that work executed coordinated from an enterprise perspective.
- Actively partner with business line senior executives in long range strategic planning and ensure integration and partnership of compliance technology with enterprise wide technology strategy.
- Lead the development of technology solutions to address complex business requirements to manage compliance risk.
- Provide strategic compliance technology consultation to LOB management regarding business requirements; recommend innovations aligned with the current and future trends/directions of both business and information technology.
- Manage and allocate technology professionals and financial resources to ensure that compliance risk related projects are completed within committed time and budget and align with strategic objectives.
- Support regulatory compliance and mitigate regulatory compliance risk to the organization, by effectively managing the integrity and efficiency of applications with significant interdependencies, interfacing with multiple channels and systems of record.
- Lead, operate and respond to real time challenges, given the dynamic nature of the business and technology environment.
- Be an effective change agent. Identify new and innovative ways to apply technology in order to enable business vision relative to managing regulatory compliance risk.
Leverage knowledge of industry trends to build best in class technology to provide competitive advantage.
The preferred work location is Charlotte, NC or Chandler, AZ, or Minneapolis, MN. Preference will be given to those candidates that either currently live in or are willing to relocate to Charlotte, NC or Chandler, AZ or Minneapolis, MN with limited to no relocation assistance.Required Qualifications
- 12+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of management experience in technology
- 10+ years of strategic planning and development experience
- 7 + years of technology management experience
- 5+ years of compliance and regulatory systems experience
- 5+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions
- 2 + years of experience creating and implementing strategic plans and roadmaps at the executive level for enterprise wide business initiatives
- Experience managing all application development efforts within a medium-size line of business
- Experience effectively interacting with a variety of contacts, primarily with others at the executive level
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to articulate a complex problem, design, or build strategy
- Ability to manage initiatives related to the following: architecture roadmap that aligns with business strategy and the broader architecture community; hardware and capacity planning, consolidation and rationalization; related emerging technology assessment and incubation
- Knowledge and understanding of Implementation strategy development and delivery
- Management experience in a large corporate, multi-line business organization
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- 5+ years at a senior management level in technology
- Must be a subject matter expert in processes related to regulatory compliance risk and possess a well-rounded knowledge of current compliance issues and challenges
- Ability to provide strategic technology consultation to Risk & LOB management regarding business requirements; recommend innovations aligned with the current and future trends/directions of both business and information technology
- Ability to assist technology teams across the bank to ensure they effectively manage and allocate technology professionals and financial resources to ensure that risk related projects are completed within committed time and budget and align with strategic objectives.
- Ability to Lead, operate and respond to real time challenges, given the dynamic nature of the business and technology environment.
- Ability to manage large programs/projects that impact business applications in high volume 24/7 engineering environment
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.