Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
- Ensures work stations (wash room, gowning room, clean room) are properly stocked with supplies at all times
- Accurately conduct inventory on all the products daily
- Perform monthly clean down for work areas on a monthly basis
- Communicate with pre - production and clean room employees about incoming products
- Communicate with pre - production and clean room employees about back ordered products
- Pull items from pre - production when needed
- Open fluid bags and cassettes when needed
- Clear label finished products when needed
- Complete special projects assigned by supervisor or director
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Ability to work from 5:00pm to 2:30am, Monday - Friday with a possibility of working overtime and/or weekends
- 3+ months of experience working with small, delicate pieces of expensive materials
- Continued employment is contingent upon the technician being able to pass a Calculations Exam with a score of 75% after lab training is completed
- 3+ months worth of Knowledge of USP 795 and 797
- Understanding of medical terminology and pharmacy calculations
- National certification or state pharmacy technician licensure current and in good standing
- Minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals
- Exposure to chemicals used in the preparation of compounds (some chemicals are classified as toxic and special safety precautions must be taken when working with these chemicals)
- Some traveling to attend continuing education seminars regarding compounding of medications.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Majority of time is spent in the laboratory
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs on a regular basis
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.