Provide guest service information beyond that provided by front desk, guest registration, checkout, collect payment and guest service as requested.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Provide The Grand Hotel guest service information and provide guest service beyond that provided by the front desk.
- Book dinner reservations, bus tours, mule rides and out of park tours for guests as requested, based on availability.
- Provide information on National Park Service programs, trails, sites and other information.
- Provide travel directions for in park locations, and directions for the greater Four Corners, Williams, Route 66 travel area.
- Display courteous and tactful behavior when receiving requests, and when a request cannot be fulfilled.
- Follow established The Grand Hotels front desk procedures in carrying out assigned duties.
- Register guests in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner.
- Handle guest accounts properly including posting of charges, and collection of payment.
- Maintain strict guest security in controlling keys, issuing keys, and divulging guest information.
- Knowledgeable of property information (hours of operations, activities, etc.) and provide accurate information of Grand Canyon National Park and surrounding areas to guests inquires.
- Responsible to receive a guest’s request or complaint; own it and follow up to verify the request or problem has been resolved to the guest’s satisfaction; involve the supervisor as necessary.
- Work closely with Unit Housekeeping department to keep status of rooms current and up to date.
- Work with Bell staff to assist guests with requests as needed.
- Adhere to all XanterraTusayan, LLC lost and found procedures.
- Maintain bank with accuracy and security; close out at end of shift bank, balance and deposit.
- Ability to shift priorities and duties as directed by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to interact in a cordial, courteous, professional and tactful manner with a very broad cross-section of guests.
- Knowledge of all The Grand Hotel property guest services, locations, hours of operation and the ability to convey information to the guests.
- Knowledge of area attractions and directions.
- Knowledge of National Park Service programs, sites and services.
- Previous public contact work experience.
- Previous experience as a hotel front desk or reservations agent is a plus.
- Experience with computers and Windows type software.
- Ability to properly handle cash and credit cards.
- Good verbal communication skills.