At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Seeking a Conduct Risk Lead Consultant to fill a key role within the Political Law Preclearance Reporting Group. This person will act in a lead role as a subject matter expert for all political law functions including pre-clearance, procurement lobbying and pay to play reporting. The role may include direct management of a major political law function as well as direct supervision of one or two team members within Political Law. The role is responsible for analysis of political law risk for complex pre-clearance requests related to gifts and entertainment, conferences and events and political contributions as well as Procurement Lobbying pre-clearance and program management. Additionally, this position requires extensive communications with Lines of Business including executives across the enterprise providing consulting and risk management expertise related to political law and pre-clearance processes. This individual will have proven decision making skills in a complex risk environment and the ability to make sound decisions quickly to meet what can often be very short deadlines. As a Conduct Risk Lead Consultant this person will be expected to provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced team members. Demonstrated team collaboration is a must for this role. This individual will be instrumental in facilitating the adoption of new technologies within the political law group as well as identifying and implementing efficiencies that will help the group accommodate growth in request volumes.
**Open to any location in the Wells Fargo footprintRequired Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: conduct risk, compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk); or 8+ years of business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 4+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience researching and analyzing regulatory and legal sources
- Experience with Political Law Pre-clearance processes and solutions
- Experience with procurement lobbying program management
- Experience developing and documenting processes and procedures
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management and build strong partnerships across all Lines of Business.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.