The UnitedHealth Group Office of the Chief Scientific Officer (OCSO) is developing an exciting new technology platform that will enable health plans, clinical practices, and all who provide patient care better leverage of patient health data to drive better treatment decision support, higher clinical quality, a reduction in treatment variation, fewer gaps in care, and improved affordability. This platform bridges the divide between traditional Providers and Payers, and will transform the ways in which each person's health care is provided and experienced by delivering health care at a scale that makes a difference.
The Configuration Engineer performs a critical role facilitating and configuring the product to solve specific business requirements, while laying the foundation for support, demonstration, and knowledge transfer activities. The engineer will interact with multiple levels of the packaging and development staff to configure the system tools to the business requirements as defined by Product Management. This position is responsible for applying knowledge of XML, X12, and other industry tools to produce development / configuration changes for delivery to customers in the healthcare domain.
The Configuration Engineer will create data in a confidential product, to support the marketing/demonstration environments. Responsible for creating HL7 messages and ensure they accurately populate the demonstration system reflecting the requirements that were defined. The role is responsible for testing the process and using other functional tools that support this process. Creates accurate XML records in support of complex system rule creation.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assist in the development, implementation, maintenance, and support of large, complex software systems. Scope project efforts with time and budget estimates, and other documentation. Work collaboratively with other engineers
- Responsible for designing, writing and implementing XML code using complex evaluation engine requirements
- Responsible for creating HL7 messages and ensuring that they accurately populate the demonstration system, reflecting the defined requirements
- Understands the business of healthcare and applies that experience when developing / configuring XML, HL7 interfaces
- Works on complex projects and problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors and additional specialized technical knowledge
- Develop technical solutions in response to clinical business problems for delivery to healthcare providers and individuals
- Understand interface processes and ability to develop same
- Write clear and accurate documentation for solutions implemented
- In all areas, maintain reliable plans to support achievable delivery dates
- Provide applications expertise in support of the configuration and maintenance of assigned modules
- Works independently to produce accurate messages, XML projects, and other duties as required
- Interpret packaging team’s data needs and propose solutions to meet business requirements
- Perform as implementation developer for XML, X12, and HL7 configuration, development, setup, and testing
- 4+ years of software development experience, including experience producing XML code for use by complex software systems, in a healthcare IT environment
- Experience creating, testing and supporting HL7 and X12 messages within a healthcare IT setting, preferably, within the provider domain
- Experience working in a software development environment, preferably in healthcare
- Advanced familiariaty with healthcare domain including the terminology used, the general business of healthcare
- Understanding of data used in healthcare to communicate between disparate systems
- Understanding of interface development, troubleshooting, and tools used in development interface workflow
- Experience with CCD development, requirements, and standards
- Provider-side healthcare experience
- Freemaker tool
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare, HL7, XML, Messages, Configuration, Engineer, Developer, Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota, Hartford, CT, Connecticut, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, Denver, CO, Colorado, Chicago, IL, Illinois, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home