PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Ensures the timely, effective and efficient management of Inspire Brands corporate construction projects (new builds, remodels, reimages, fire rebuilds, scrape and rebuilds and other Capital Projects) across all Brands for company openings. Meeting/exceeding targeted timelines and budgets. With the overall goal of enabling a timely, predictable, high quality, effective and efficient open/re-open for all project types.
- Directs and Leads multiple construction projects within a designated territory: project management, planning, budgeting, FF&E procurement, execution, vendor selection/management, quality control, resource management, etc. Qualifies and directs contractors, architects, engineers and other consultants keeps them on schedule, holds them accountable and takes appropriate action in a timely manner to maintain proper project planning.
- Accurately estimates the project's specific costs, incorporating all aspects of the LL work Letter and LOI obligation for the specific deal and reviewed diligence package (soils, geo-tech, environmental and site investigation reports) to builds and manage the construction budget, maintains and tracks up-to-date (budget vs. actual) records, completes timely and accurate risk assessments on the budget and pro-actively communicates issues and concerns.
- Effective contract management: comprehensive understanding of all construction / lease / landlord related contracts and commitments, including LOI and Landlord work-letter, ensures compliance to LL obligations and key dates, pro-actively assesses potential risks / issues and provides accurate and up-to-date assessments to Vice President of Construction.
- Manages all Project Schedules by tracking projects based on defined project plan timelines: provides timely and accurate updates through entering dates and schedule information within Inspire Brands development tracking systems and comprehensive communication with key project stakeholder teams including; Operations, Real Estate, Architecture, Legal/Lease and Equipment Purchasing, coordinating and reporting all aspects of the schedule.
- Ensures quality control and adherence to Brand specific design & construction standards and requirements; and support Inspire Construction Managers in this activity. Pro-active in identifying and communicating potential issues and concerns.
- Performs regular on-site inspections and reviews to ensure all projects are on schedule as well as compliance with lease, construction exhibits, standards/requirements, local code enforcement, etc.
- Conducts / Participates in all construction meetings as required: prepared with up-to-date data and information.
- Maintains up-to-date list of approved vendors / supplier / GC / business partners. Track and communicate issues and concerns to Vice President of Construction. Builds/maintains effective business relationships
- Completes all post-open evaluations. And 1 year punch walk at 11 months.
- Required Minimum: AS degree in Construction Management or Architecture Equivalent experience
- Preferred: BS degree in same
- Required Minimum: 5-10 years' experience in general construction (non-residential) and construction project management
- Preferred: 10 years of experience in restaurant / retail construction management
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Experienced in project management (construction)
- Detailed knowledge of supporting technology: budgeting, estimating, scheduling
- Strong relationship and influencing skills
- Proficient in Excel.
- Working knowledge of building codes, ADA, federal and state requirements
- Ability to navigate / work with regulatory agencies
- Strong organizational skills
- Persistent, detailed and able to report clearly and accurately
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Ability to determine the key step in a complex process in order to advance projects
- Travel requirement of 35% to 70%.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, OR ABILITIES:
- Same as above
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Final approval of contractors, architects, engineers and other consultants to the construction process