BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
This position is responsible for managing multiple construction and small projects throughout the chain. This includes planning, budgeting, plan review, creating bid documents, monitoring construction and closeout of assigned construction projects. Construction Manager is responsible for the full design, plan review, construction and documentation of assigned projects to meet BJ’s Development Goals. Duties include developing plans, soliciting qualified contractors, awarding and managing new Club, gas station and remodel construction projects. This position will work with closely with contractors, club operations, and field team members. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Managing multiple simultaneous projects with full responsibility for schedule, cost management, and quality of the completed project
- Measuring contractor and supplier performance
- Maintaining and enhancing BJ’s list of qualified contractors
- Providing overall contract management and coordination between developers, project managers, construction companies and suppliers
- Coordination of internal resources to support various projects during construction.
- Budget and track costs for assigned projects
- Ability to resolve conflicts with contractors, club management and town officials where necessary to maintain costs and keep projects on schedule
- Implement club standards on all construction projects with quality workmanship and good communication between contractors, suppliers and key internal departments
- Work closely with Club Operations, Procurement, Maintenance, Store Design and multiple internal departments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Project Management or a minimum of 5 years experience in construction management as a project manager is required
- Strong knowledge of AIA documents, construction bidding methods and construction management is essential
- Big box and/or supermarket retail experience preferred
- Experience in remodeling open businesses, building from the ground up and building takeovers
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate up, down and across the organization
- Proficient in Word, Xcel and PP
- Travel 30 - 40%
- Work remote or at the Home Office in Westborough, MA
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.