Refrigeration Coordinators oversee new construction and existing stores that they are assigned.
Lucky’s Market Refrigeration Coordinators are the main point of contact for our refrigeration contracting partners building and servicing our stores. Coordinators make frequent job site visits inspecting the work completed ensuring it meets specifications, and our quality standards. Coordinators will answer any RFI’s from refrigeration contractors, and relay any changes needed.
Refrigeration coordinators will review change order request and submit to the Senior Refrigeration Manager for approval. Coordinators will review construction pay-apps making site visits to confirm work completed meets pay-app requirements.
Refrigeration Coordinators work with our commissioning agent for all new store construction projects to identify punch list items. They are also responsible for ensuring all punch list items are completed to Lucky’s Market expectations.
Refrigeration Coordinators evaluate service contracting partners ensuring they are providing Lucky’s Market quality service. Coordinators will work with service providers on escalated service issues to find a resolution to the issue. They will also review and approve service repair quotes that are within their approval limits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Equipment and repair evaluations
- Store walks identifying safety or service issues
- EMS programming
- HVAC equipment and system evaluations
- Completing Expense reports
- Making business travel arrangements
- Conducting job site meetings
- Review of refrigeration and EMS plans identifying any conflicts or missing scope
- Train contracting partners when needed on new equipment or controls.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree or degree from an accredited technical school
- Experience in supermarket refrigeration systems
- Experience with energy management systems, controllers, and rack controllers
- Experience reading piping diagrams, blue prints, and schematics
- EPA Type I and II certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Team player
- Knowledge of various computer programs including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Email
- Knowledge of construction, electrical and plumbing trades
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of project time management
- Ability to Multi task
- Ability to Prioritize
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work safely
- Maintain composure and positive attitude in stressful situations
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Up to 80% travel-must possess valid driver’s license.
- Potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending on concrete floors.
- Willingness to travel, work nights, weekends, holidays and stay overnight for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness and ability to enter cold cases, coolers and freezers, thereby being subjected to cold temperatures for extended periods of time.