Our Consultants serve as a member of the engagement team supporting development of deliverables by synthesizing the data and information. Our Consultants ensure all deliverables are presentation ready. The Consultant may manage individual work streams, as assigned by the Manager, and will be held accountable for assigned work stream deliverables. Consultants will engage directly with our clients, participate in creating solutions, and build relationships with healthcare executives.
The role will be focused on physician practices and/or health system operations, supporting them for operational improvement and revenue growth. Given some engagements span over all of our consulting service lines, this role can provide opportunity to gain exposure to health care reform, health IT, population health management, health system strategy, hospital performance management, physician practice management, revenue cycle, and financial operations as well as participating in various professional and business development activities.
Engagement Work Product
- Structure the approach and analysis for assigned projects
- Conduct analysis and create deliverables
- Lead client communication around assigned work stream while establishing self as trusted partner
- Contribute to problem solving across work stream and full scope of the project
- Manage timeframe for individual work stream in coordination with project requirements
- Proactively anticipate challenges and risks and adjust work accordingly
- Escalate challenges and risks appropriately
- Ensure production of client deliverables is done within timeframe for project
- Lead or participate in various practice development projects
- Assist in recruitment and interviewing efforts
- Serve as informal mentor/coach to Analyst/Senior Analyst team members
- Relevant Advanced Degree (MBA/MPH/MHA etc) with 0-1+ years of consulting experience OR Undergraduate Degree with 2+ years consulting experience
- Quantitative/Qualitative Analytic background
- Excel/PowerPoint Expertise
- Willingness to travel domestically, up to 50-80% pending project type
- Proven ability to present effectively to multiple audiences
- Possess previous work experience or education in the health care field, as well as one of the following:
- Client relationship management experience
- Project management experience, including data analysis and synthesis
- Ability to drill down to the root cause of issues and be creative in problem solving
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.