DescriptionThe Consultative Pharmacy Technician 2 certified Pharmacy Technician who acts as an intake for all calls from patients, pharmacies and providers. The Consultative Pharmacy Technician 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
The Consultative Pharmacy Technician 2 addresses questions related to specific assigned area and assists with medication research. Triages calls that require consultation with a pharmacist. Makes outbound calls to patients to offer medication therapy management programs and schedules medication review sessions with consultative pharmacists. Decisions are typically focus on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have an active Pharmacy Technician or Tech in Training license
- Must be able to become certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) within 10 months of hire
- Experience as a Pharmacy Technician OR call center experience in a pharmacy or related call center setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience using multiple computer applications simultaneously and strong data entry skills
- A positive, proactive attitude with a passion for customer service
- Mail Order Pharmacy experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
Scheduled Weekly Hours40