This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Revenue Cycle Solution Design team is responsible for completing revenue cycle assessments to identify revenue improvement and efficiency opportunities across Patient Access, Health Information Management/Revenue Integrity and Patient Financial Services. The team leads full partnership due diligence efforts to estimate the benefit that can be generated for a potential client and the impact to the Optum 360 bottom line.
The Consulting Manager will lead a team of analysts and associates on assessments and operational due diligence activities across all revenue cycle functions. The manager will serve as the coordination point for cross-functional diligence teams with the following areas: technology, optimization, compliance, human capital and finance. This position is responsible for leading work plan development and tracking and on-site client meetings and for providing compelling presentations and proposals required to design solutions to improve revenue cycle management for potential clients. In order to complete this effort, managers must have a thorough understanding of the revenue cycle and the Optum360 solutions.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Drive project work for end to end assessment and full due diligence processes at a single potential client site
- Identify opportunity areas and develop benefit estimates and financial models for potential clients
- Manage timelines and project plans for the completion of the assessment and full due diligence process
- Serve as the key contact for a potential client
- Demonstrate ability to support and drive work across multiple clients
- Collaborate with other functional units (optimization, finance, human capital, technology and compliance) to ensure timely reviews and contributions of final documents
- Drive pre-onsite project planning and work plan development
- Prepare initial benefits analysis based on the high level assessment and full due diligence efforts
- Lead Revenue Cycle Solution Design methodology development and other functional assignments
- Display ability to effectively communicate to Optum360 executive leadership and potential client leadership
- Provide operational subject matter expertise in the development of sales materials in preparation for initial and ongoing client conversations
- Support innovation execution for strategic organization initiatives
- Attend industry conferences and act as a subject matter expert for Optum360
- Present to small / moderate sized groups well and adjust message to audience (CFO, CEO or VP of Revenue Cycle)
- Provide leadership and management to senior analyst and associate roles
- Exemplify Optum360 values of integrity, respect, collaboration, innovation, and excellence across all activities
- Enable achievement of Optum360 goals for growth, execution, customers, and people
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience working with hospital based revenue cycle operations team, recognized healthcare consulting firm, or revenue cycle management solutions provider
- 3+ years of experience in Data Analysis and Visualization utilizing Tableau, SAS, Excel or Access
- Experience using expertise to analyze workflows, perform gap analysis, development of performance based solutions, and cost benefit/ROI analysis
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Strong demonstrated presentation skills and relationship management skills with top health system C-Suite customers.
- Advanced degree
- 5+ years in Acute or Ambulatory Revenue Cycle operations for any combination of the following areas: Patient Business Office, Patient Access, Health Information Management, Revenue Integrity, Coding, and / or Clinical Documentation Improvement OR 5+ years in healthcare consulting
- HFMA / ACHE certification
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.