DescriptionThe Consumer Service Operations Professional 2 is responsible for the daily activities across multiple service functions area. The Consumer Service Operations Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Consumer Service Operations Professional 2 may perform installation, implementation, client support, client services, client administration, customer service, enrollment and eligibility, claims processing, and call center operations. Investigates and settles claims and customer service issues. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years experience in a service operations environment
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, research problems, and determine and implement solutions
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to include presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop collaborative working relationships across multiple functional areas in the organization or with consumers
- Consultative skills which include ability to assess, understand the consumer and make recommendations
- Ability to work independently
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Organizational skills necessary to effectively manage multiple activities
- Experience with medical claims/health insurance
- Project Management experience
- Our Department of Defense contract requires U.S. citizenship
- If offered a position with Humana Government Business you would be required to go through the eQIP process to obtain Government Security Clearance to work on government systems. This requires the completion of a 100+ page document on-line, finger printing, background check, credit check and, completion of an employment application and drug test. The financial/credit check portion requires an in depth review of any failure to meet financial obligations within the past 7 years, including but not limited to bankruptcy, debt over 120 days delinquent and/or $15,000 threshold for bad debt (items in collection and charge off).
- Light travel will be required (driving within the state)
Scheduled Weekly Hours40