At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, this group provides an independent oversight function within Corporate Risk, establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing function at the corporate level. They are responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams throughout corporate risk will be responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
The Compliance Monitoring and Testing (M&T) team, has responsibility for executing independent compliance monitoring and testing plans across a broad spectrum of risks (e.g., consumer protection, bank and securities rules and regulations, internal policies requested by senior management) across the company.
The T&V COE Compliance Consultant 5 – Consumer Monitoring and Testing Targeted Review team member is responsible for planning and performing risk-based reviews of Wells Fargo’s businesses to evaluate the adequacy, comprehensiveness and effectiveness of business compliance programs. . This includes performing independent compliance monitoring and testing activities, end-to-end process and control reviews/assessments, and enterprise-wide reviews for key regulations. He or she may assist with planning objectives and scope for multiple reviews reflecting a risk-based approach, as well as identifying issues, formulating observations/findings, writing and editing reports, and tracking timely remediation of findings. This role will report directly to the Consumer Targeted Review Monitoring and Testing Lead.
Specific duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and perform risk-based compliance review activities that independently evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of critical end-to-end processes and controls relevant to Wells Fargo’s Consumer businesses
- Plan and perform risk-based compliance review activities that independently evaluate the bank’s compliance with key regulations and policies relevant to Wells Fargo’s Consumer businesses
- Develop, plan and perform compliance validation activities that independently evaluate the adequacy, comprehensiveness and effectiveness of corrective actions taken by businesses to remediate critical regulatory issues
- Periodically, or on an as-needed basis, evaluate LOBs’ adherence to applicable internal policy requirements
- Identify deficiencies and recommend solutions to complex issues
- Work with Front Line and Independent Risk Management teams to agree on corrective actions to strengthen monitoring and testing programs
- Ensure identified deficiencies are promptly addressed and effectively resolved
- Write reports or presentations that clearly articulate the results/conclusions of compliance review activities and communicate to key stakeholders across the company
- Lead or assist in investigating and reporting issues, as needed, conducting inquires, obtaining and reviewing necessary documents and interviewing team members, as appropriate
- Assist on compliance projects
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain an understanding of the Corporate Risk Framework and the interconnectivity of its key components
- Maintain an understanding of business operations and regulatory guidance/expectations
- Anticipate changes in the internal and external environment and adapt the monitoring and testing program accordingly
- Provide guidance during risk assessment processes and state of compliance reporting
- Present targeted review and issue validation to front line and independent risk management teams.
- As appropriate, assist with the development of training materials
- Work collaboratively across groups/LOBs and with other risk management teams
- Work with senior management, Law Department and other key constituencies to encourage, promote and enhance a culture that encourages ethical conduct and a commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Ensure proper and effective communication (including developing reporting) is in place
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- SharePoint experience
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services consumer lending products
- 3+ years of Audit, testing or validation experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading regulatory compliance reviews
- Experience with tracking and monitoring corrective actions, audits or exams
- Experience in multiple areas of regulatory compliance risk
- Experience with consumer protection and general banking regulations of the OCC, FRB, CFPB
- Familiarity with Corporate Banking and Securities industry-
- Experience within a large or global financial institution
- CRCM or CIA certifications
- Experience with risk governance tools such as but not limited to: SHRP, ORIS,
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.