At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC) is part of the Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) business division. WFVC serves consumer and small business customers through digital (online, mobile, and social) and contact centers (phone, email, and correspondence). We provide customers with convenient ways to manage their accounts, enable digital payments, provide solutions that meet their financial needs, and more. WFVC serves over 27 million customers through our digital channels and support over 5.8 billion customer interactions annually through digital and contact centers.
Why we need this new role: Many of today’s consumers have shifted their communication preference from phone to messaging channels (such as texting). To meet this need, Wells Fargo is launching Messenger - a new, next-generation chat channel for eligible digital banking customers to contact Wells Fargo bankers from within the mobile app for their servicing needs. Messenger is a core strategy to Wells Fargo’s Contact Center of the Future Program because not only will it meet the changing communication preferences of our customers, Messenger will deliver an improved customer experience and operational efficiencies over current care models. A new Contact Center Team Manager role is needed to supervise a team of bankers to support customers in this new channel, starting from the initial launch, to a fully scaled state.
Responsibilities of the new role: Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of bankers providing service to customers through the new Messenger chat channel. Primary responsibilities for this role will include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring volumes, staffing, and SLA’s, and other critical performance measurements and make adjustments as needed
- Identifying and recommending areas of opportunity to increase production and performance
- Be an expert on evolving process and procedures, staying on top of frequent changes, and supporting team members by providing advice and answering questions
- Resolving escalated customer issues, providing leadership by example through exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Researching/analyzing special projects as assigned
- Writing and conducting performance evaluations
This posting is for the first team on Messenger, located in Charlotte, NC, planned to launch in mid-January. Business hours of operation to start will be Monday – Sunday, 10:00am - 7:00pm Eastern Time, and will likely expand as we grow.
Please note: the CCTM work schedules will include working a weekend day. One schedule will require working Sunday through Thursday. The other will be Tuesday through Saturday. The weekday hours will be 10am- 7pm. On Saturday/Sunday, the work hours will be 10am- 6:30pm.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo Bank.
- During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network and is a different email address than the one you originally used when you joined Wells Fargo. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.
- 2+ years of experience assessing and meeting the needs of customers and/or solving customer problems
- 2+ years of experience interacting with people or customers
- 1+ year of financial services experience, call center experience, or a combination of both
- 1+ year of supervisory or coaching experience
- Experience resolving and working through escalated and complex customer issues
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Ability to handle information professionally and confidentially
- Ability to motivate and provide performance feedback, in a fast-paced and ever changing environment
- Experience recognizing service opportunities and providing exceptional customer satisfaction
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Experience with a customer service mindset and a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Exposure to Wells Fargo CIV (Customer Information View) application
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer products, policies, and procedures
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Blended Banker or Premier Banker training
- Excitement around the challenge of supporting the next generation virtual channel service experience
- Must pass a validated writing assessment
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.