DescriptionThe Content Leader (Strategy Advancement Professional 2) provides data-based strategic direction to identify and address business issues and opportunities. Provides business intelligence and strategic planning support for business segments or the company at large. The Strategy Advancement Professional work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Strategy Advancement Professional leads initiatives to analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources. Brings expertise or identifies subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts to identify, interpret, and produce recommendations and plans based on company and external data analysis. Ensures that policies and procedures align with corporate vision. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring efficient operation of the function. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Owns the articulation of the value proposition, key themes, and overall strategy within the proposal by gathering the necessary information to write a compelling proposal response that complies with the RFP requirements
- Responsible for drafting, writing, revising, editing and completing proposal responses in a timely manner
- Gathers proposal information by identifying the appropriate source for the information (i.e. proposal database, internal subject matter expert, etc.) and coordinating the collection of the required information for the proposal response
- Develops graphic concepts to illustrate subject matter
- Participates in the multiple reviews of the proposal response
- Ability to convey complex thoughts, both written and oral in a clear, concise way that is tailored to the audience
- Ability to listen well and ask questions effectively to gain information or clarify understanding in order to ensure high-quality work
- Analyze competitor proposals to identify areas of improvement and incorporate this information into subsequent proposals.
- Responsible for the management of content within the proposal database, including content review, content updates and new content creation
- Actively and constantly seek to improve the proposal process, engaging and directing appropriate parties as needed.
The Strategy Advancement Professional’s primary responsibility is to strategically and competitively position Humana’s offerings through proposal responses using a variety of resources including the proposal database, internal subject matter experts, marketing collateral, company Web sites and other various resources. The Strategy Advancement Professional has marketing, communication and writing skills that allow them to integrate information from multiple sources and customer-specific strategy into a clear, compelling response that differentiates Humana from the competition. This position is a good match for a candidate who thrives in a team setting and wants to broaden and grow their health care and insurance knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent significant work experience required.
- Experience working with MS Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to collaborate effectively with personnel at all levels, from administrative support to subject matter experts to leadership
- Strong leadership, organizational planning, prioritization, and time management skills; the ability to multitask and work against strict deadlines
- Flexibility in the face of rapidly changing circumstances
- Strong reading comprehension and writing skills
- Must be organized and able to work with accuracy and efficiency on multiple projects with multiple teams simultaneously
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and possess a quality customer service attitude
- Desire to join a high-functioning, collaborative, and supportive team culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, or a related field
- Technical writing experience (responding to RFP’s, etc)
- Experience working in the health insurance industry
- Strong project management skills with high personal accountability
- Experience with Document Sharing Systems
- Experience in a deadline-driven environment with high attention to detail and compliance
Scheduled Weekly Hours40