PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Continuous Improvement and Automation Manager is a key individual on the Service Desk team. This position has responsibility for supporting continuous improvement activities across the Service Desk and Restaurant Solutions Support Teams. This manager actively engages and supports the planned review and improvement of process and operational activities to foster a culture of continuous improvement. Establishes preferred methods and best practices for each job function. Performs time studies to identify redundancy and eliminate waste. Supports continuous improvement in the operation by identifying areas of opportunity and leading SCRUM events to identify root causes to issues and develop appropriate solutions and responses using automation where appropriate.
- Manages and coordinates Service Desk efforts to ensure that continuous improvement and quality improvement programs are developed and managed using a data driven focus that sets priorities for improvements aligned to ongoing strategic objectives of the Service Desk.
- Develops and communicates the strategic vision, scope and mission of the Service Desk's Innovation activities; prepares project plans that incorporate all elements for improvement in service.
- Assures that Service Desk and Restaurant Solutions support initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Participates in organizational strategic planning and provides leadership for policy development and operational execution.
- Facilitates CI projects and SCRUM events that focus on enabling quality and efficiency driven improvements.
- Conducts meetings or specific training necessary to assure adherence to newly established support standards.
- Reviews customer survey complaints and reports to determine need for internal improvement opportunities while looking to take advantage of sharing best practices.
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring accurate improvement documentation and process work instructions that meet Service Desk requirements.
- Coordinates implementation of automation initiatives at the Service Desk to enable level zero solutions and eliminate Agent intervention for repeatable solutions
- Participates in preparation of project budgets and responsible for adherence to established budgets for automation initiatives
Required Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
Green Belt Six Sigma Certification
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in a medium to large sized enterprise environment
- 5+ years of experience with scripting ie; PowerShell
- 5+ years of experience in process design
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
- 5+ years progressive experience in a key quality role
- Previous experience/strong understanding of quality tools.
- Fundamental understanding of machine learning and automation
- Scripting language experience ie PowerShell
- Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point and/or Access) to analyze data and trends.
- Previous experience/best practices implementing and using continuous improvement/lean tools to drive improvement.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, coach and mentor.
- Able to work comfortably in a hands-on, multi-task, deadline-driven environment
- Experienced in working with cross functional teams
- Fast and responsive, deadline driven
- Strong listening, verbal (especially telephone) and written communication skills are a must
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with Service Desk operations.
- A strong ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.