Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.
The Contract Services Specialist supports network contracting teams through contract processing, analysis, maintenance and data management required for contract execution and system loading.
- Reviews submitted contracts and supporting documentation for completeness for the purpose of initiating the provider credentialing and approval process
- Responsible for accurate and timely multi-system data entry of provider contract information in accordance with departmental policies and procedures to include delegated providers
- Responsible for database entry and provider directory maintenance, assuring that all providers included are accurately reflected according to departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains provider contract files in accordance with the standards set forth by internal policies and procedures and external regulatory requirements
- Maintains a working knowledge of contracting policies, procedures and process, in an effort to provide cross functional support to the contract services team on an as needed basis
- Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts with an open mind and positive attitude
- Meets or exceeds departmental time frames and quality metrics on a consistent basis
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience within the healthcare industry
- 1+ years of administrative, database, or data entry experience in contract loading / knowledge or in a managed health care setting or related environment
- Previous medical claims experience
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 90,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: UHG, contract services specialist, San Antonio, TX, Texas, healthcare, customer service