At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale’s secured lending businesses including Asset Backed Finance (ABF), Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company’s assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
Wells Fargo Rail, a division of Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, is the largest and most diverse rail equipment operating lessor in North America, with more than 175,000 railcars and 1,800 locomotives. Based in Rosemont, IL, Wells Fargo Rail has the largest fleet of any rail operating lessor in North America, serving the North American market for rail equipment with customers in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for the life cycle of customer leasing documents from origination to final document execution. A cooperative team attitude is critical to the success of this position and includes a willingness to take on additional functions as needed and offer assistance to others, including those from other departments. This position is an experienced position and is intended to prepare the incumbent for Contracts Manager III (Team Lead) position or Contracts Reviewer position.
- Draft and revise customer leasing documents, including, but not limited to Master Lease Agreements, Riders, Termination Agreements, and Amendments, accurately and in compliance with all Wells Fargo Policies and Procedures.
- Review customer requested changes to the contracts, work with appropriate stakeholders for feedback/approvals and revise the documents as necessary using Microsoft Word track changes.
- Accurately enter pertinent information into Rail Administration and Integrated Leasing System (RAILS) /Contract Profile to ensure accurate and timely billing. Update lease and/or customer related data in the RAILS/Contract Profile system, as required. Review files for completeness and sign-off in RAILS/Sales Transaction accordingly. Update and maintain E-File as assigned.
- Research documents in connection with inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of rail experience, leasing experience, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and understand lease/contract agreements
- Must be flexible and demonstrate an ability to work well under pressure and within fixed deadlines.
- Proven ability to multi-task and appropriately prioritize job responsibilities.
- Highly organized, have a great attention to detail and be able to recognize when terms and conditions are non-standard.
- Above average analytical skills and must be detail oriented including superior proof reading skills.
- Demonstrated team player that works well with others.
- Paralegal Certificate from an ABA accredited paralegal program or Juris Doctorate
- Rail/leasing experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.