Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Contracts Manager and lead contracts professional, you will oversee and support the full range of contracting and procurement activities in a fast paced federal contracting function of a cost reimbursable, time and materials, and fixed price nature relating to health readiness services to the federal government agencies and commercial entities.
In this role you will apply the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) to government contracts and procurements. The successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to perform in a complex cross-functional environment.
- Daily and close communication with a key customer
- Effective management of customer priorities and needs
- Understanding the complexity of the programs in order to identify risks, develop solutions, mitigation and negotiation strategies
- Responsible for the full range of contracting and procurement activities including contract, subcontract, NDA and teaming agreement negotiation, administration, modification and closeout
- Manage and support proposal efforts from RFP release through award, including reviewing RFP documents for contract issues, preparing Business Proposals (including pricing and costing) and reviewing proposal submittals to ensure compliance/responsiveness to RFP and task order requirements or identifies noncompliant terms and conditions and works with business team to mitigate risks
- Ensure compliance with contracting policies and procedures consistent with government regulations and company policies
- Attend and participate in senior level meetings to support business strategies, pricing strategies, and identification of potential risk factors to the organization
- Work directly with project managers and practice leaders to ensure contract deliverables are being met
- Collaborate, coordinate and provide guidance to affiliates within parent organization
- Balance competing priorities and workflows to meet organizational objectives and critical timelines
- Create and maintain standardized processes and procedures for proposal and contract files
- Perform risk analysis review for all contractual documents and recommend mitigating options
- Undergraduate degree
- 4+ years of directly related experience in federal government contracting including demonstrated expertise managing procurement activities from RFP to contract award negotiation and administration / closeout with preferable experience working with the DoD and VA
- Strong knowledge/expertise of FAR, DFAR and all types of contract vehicles for government agencies (e.g.,VA, DoD, etc.)
- Experience managing contract compliance, schedule, cost performance and customer satisfaction
- Experience with being the customer interface and demonstrated success in building strong customer relationships and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of change management
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: contracts, manager, La Crosse, WI, Eden Prairie, MN