If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
This post is a key client facing role. The existing team have responsibility for a full and complex portfolio of contracts. Medway CCG are in a challenged financial position and with our taking the responsibility for the management of Medway’s contract portfolio during the end of the contracting round (as providers and commissioners move through mediation and arbitration), Medway will require a full service to be offered from day one and these roles are crucial to this delivery. These roles will lead on the highest risk, highest complexity contracts in the existing Medway portfolio. The main acute trust in current in the process of mediation and expert determination and as such these post holders will need to be used to operating at a senior level. They will also be required to manage the team and the relationship with the client on a day to day basis.
- Performance manage a number of contracts to include data review, monthly challenges, forecasting, capacity planning
- Contract negotiations with key providers
- Lead and provide support and advice to contract leads and other team members
- Analyse and interpret a range of complex service data and information, including capacity and demand data, and financial and management information
- Attend regular meetings with the client, providers and other stakeholders as necessary to present performance and financial data
- Contribute to CCG’s QIPP innovation and programme delivery
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team of analysts and contract managers, ensuring integrated working with the business intelligence work stream
- Responsible for maintaining an overview of all CCG/provider performance issues and delivery of these issues to executive level when appropriate
- Responsible for coordination of quarterly closures for all data challenges outstanding with providers, supporting team members where necessary
- Monitor quality concerns
- Attend/lead CCG or provider Board meetings when needed
- Specialise in the highly complex area of financial contract performance management of NHS contracts
- Ensure appropriate liaison with the commissioning managers responsible for contracts and ensure full communication flow between Optum and the commissioners
- Manage and lead on the interpretation and delivery of key standards and performance targets
- Ensure that adherence to standards and key targets is monitored and reported by ensuring that timely, relevant information is available on a regular basis. This will involve the need to communicate written and verbal information to a wide range of staff, both internal and external
- Support service redesign and the modernisation of acute services for our CCG portfolio, in partnership with colleagues across the health & social care community in our area to maximise opportunities for integration and to deliver community based care
- Work with the contracting team to meet nationally specified contractual deadlines and completion of all contract documentation
- Oversee the procurement function, delivered by a third party
- Ensuring the service meets all of its operational KPIs
This role requires travel to Kent to attend necessary meetings with CCGs and providers across the patch. Telecommuting/Working At Home will also be considered, provided meeting attendance and some onsite presence in Harrietsham and Ashford is maintained as needed. Overnight stays do happen occasionally and may be required for this role.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience managing acute NHS contracts, leading contract negotiations and a detailed understanding of the provider / commissioner landscape
- Experience in commissioning support, CCG or acute trust role essential, perhaps you have worked in a provider trust, commission or CCG environment
- PbR knowledge
- Managing negotiations
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Keywords: Contracts, Travel, NHS, contract negotiation, PbR, Optum, Kent, UK, United Kingdom