Assist cooks in the preparation production of hot and cold foods.
- Plate all prepared items such as salads, sandwiches, cottage cheese, etc. as directed by the Cafeteria Kitchen Manager or Cafeteria First Cook Supervisor
- Assist cooks in prep production of salads, vegetables, meats, etc.
- Do basic pantry work in plating deserts, salads and sandwiches etc.
- Assist in setting up and breaking down production areas in accordance with kitchen sanitation standards.
- Become exposed to different areas of food production and cooking and develop skills to move onto next cook level.
- Do basic knife work and use of kitchen equipment such as steamers, slicer, grills and kettles and mixers
- Practice established sanitation standards in all phases of work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Kitchen experience as a Kitchen Utility, Cafeteria Worker, or in fast foods.
- Ability to understand food production procedures and read recipes.
- Ability to understand food sanitation standards and implement them in work.
- Ability to learn safe and sanitary knife handling skills.
- Physical ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Physical ability to lift thirty pounds of food product and carry it a minimum of twenty-five feet.
The starting wage for this position is $10.35 per hour.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.