Primary responsibilities include preparing employee meals in a timely manner, maintaining all sanitation requirements, cleaning and restocking the kitchen and employee dining room, and accepting food deliveries. Must read and follow recipes/directions from supervisor. Job includes heavy lifting and cleaning heavy equipment. Previous cooking experience required; group-cooking experience preferred. This position works alone and must be capable of independent, reliable, quality work. The season at Rocky Mountain National Park runs from approximately mid-May until mid-October.
All positions at Rocky Mountain are full-time seasonal positions, there are NO full-time year round positions.
- Perform all duties toward the goal of providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
- Perform all duties with respect to the Company’s Core Values, Mission Statement, and guest services standards.
- Responsible for prep, set-up, service, clean up, and restocking of cook lines and appropriate prep areas.
- Adhere to all sanitation requirements including product rotation, temperature maintenance and record keeping, storage procedures, cooking requirements, and handling techniques.
- Ability to complete orders, by the plate or the pan, properly, according to approved menu specs, and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work from prep and par lists and follow standardized recipes. Commit food specifications to memory.
- Develop and maintain positive communication and teamwork with all co-workers and supervisors.
- Conduct should be professional, with the awareness that all actions and communications are within staffs view. Ensure a congenial atmosphere for all.
- Maintain appearance and uniform standards.
- Work quickly, efficiently, and safely with all kitchen equipment.
- Previous line or batch cooking experience.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation and kitchen equipment skills.
- Comprehending and extending/converting recipes.
- Ability to absorb large amounts of information in a short period of time.
- Adhere to and understand ServSafe standards and practices.
- Thoroughly complete all assigned food preparation and side work duties in a timely manner.
- Responsible for prep set-up, service, clean up, and restocking of line and prep areas.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
- Ability to work in a hot environment for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.
- Perform all daily cleaning assignments as scheduled by supervisor.