This is a full time skilled level Cook position. The position will prepare and produce buffet, banquet, and special function menu items to exceptional standards. The Cook I will also have the opportunity to utilize skills to lead and train cooking techniques entry level cook staff.Responsibilities
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Perform all job duties in accordance to County Health Code, the Property Employee Handbook, Department policies, procedures and its Food Safety Management System.
- Promote and participate in accurate and thorough compliance of the Food Safety Management System; including but not exclusive to its Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare batch, banquet menu, and all other menu items to correct portions, presentation and proper temperature. Follow prep guidelines to limit over production, and ensure quality control of all items prepped and/or cooked.
- Set up and break down work stations and production areas according to assigned shift duties.
- Maintain proper food sanitation standards throughout all areas and steps of food production.
- Works any station in the prep area or in the kitchen as assigned by the Manager on Duty.
- Communicate with Manager on Duty regarding production problems, (i.e. “86’d” items or items dragging).
- Works in a safe manner, practicing risk management worker safety in knife handling, equipment operation, lifting, working with open flame and all other areas of food production at all times.
- Use proper product rotation of perishable items practicing first in first out (FIFO) method of use.
- Maintain professional communication with front of the house staff and co-workers.
- Adhere to company required environmental policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires thorough knowledge and experience with all kitchen stations and equipment,
- Requires at least two years previous cooking experience in a high volume setting.
- Must thrive in a fast paced work environment.