Prepares menu/and or buffet items at assigned kitchen station according to recipe specifications.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Prepare food orders according to recipe specifications including portion control, presentation and temperature.
- Adhere to Serv-Safe HACCP food sanitation standards throughout all phases of food production.
- Develop proficiency on assigned station and expand knowledge by training on other stations.
- Proper safe and sanitary use of knives and other equipment.
- Set up and breakdown of prep area or assigned station according to kitchen standards and Serv-Safe HACCP food sanitation guidelines.
- Completes prep work as assigned to cover next shift or meal period.
- Completes regularly scheduled temperature checks of line items, particularly those prone to rapid spoilage due to temperature changes. Notifies First Cook Supervisor, or Kitchen Management of any items found to be in the temperature danger zone.
- Utilize first in, first out standard for rotation and use of perishable food products.
- Display professional communications with front of the house staff particularly in dealing with food orders “dragging” or needed “on the fly.”
- Practice teamwork and open communication with other cooks and kitchen staff members in the kitchen or assigned area.
- Adhere to all sanitation, safety and risk management policies, and wear required personal protective equipment while performing tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Previous cooking experience on different line stations or high volume batch cooking.
- Basic knowledge of all production areas of the kitchen.
- Safe and proficient knife handling skills, with knowledge of the entire various cutting styles.
- Knowledge of ServeSafe HACCP food sanitation program with ability to apply necessary portions of program.
- Physical ability to lift thirty pounds of food product and carry it twenty-five feet minimum.
- Physical ability to stand for long periods of time and work in high temperatures.