Cook Housekeeper Full Time
Primary Location: CA-CAPleasanton-446 Sycamore Rd
CareMeridian's Pleasanton facility is seeking a Cook/Housekeeper to coordinate menus and maintain kitchen inventory and handle food properly in compliance with health safety. The Cook will prepare food for consumers and ensure cooking equipment is in good order. For Housekeeping: to clean all common areas, ensuring that the home or facility is neat and debris free and assist with cooking and providing meals for our patients as necessary.
For CareMeridian and The MENTOR Network the Cook is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
To that end, the Cook also happens to be a great place to start in our company with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support brain injury, spinal cord, an other life-altering injuries and medically-complex illnesses. CareMeridian offers a distinctive service delivery model, merging an experience skilled healthcare and rehabilitation team with state-of-the-art technology in community based program settings designed to meet each individuals unique needs at ever stage of recovery - individuals with disabilities; children with emotional, behavioral or medical complexities; children and adults with brain injury). As a Cook/Housekeeper with CareMeridian you’ll be one of those special people.
- Cook is responsible for preparing all meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Follow menus and recipes and is responsible for the grocery shopping.
Prepare food for consumers and ensure cooking equipment is in good order.
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Order all food and cooking supplies and equipment required by nursing staff with approval of management.
- Store inventory in orderly, neat fashion to prevent expiration and contamination.
- Perform weekly and monthly cycle counts to ensure inventory levels are maintained.
- Will check deliveries against invoices and opens boxes to make sure goods are undamaged.
- Receive, label, and stock supplies from vendors.
- Must minimize waste of supplies and misuse of equipment.
- Practice dependable, regular attendance.
- Maintaining and cleaning storage facilities.
- Labeling and rotating supplies.
- Keeping records of inventories.
- Housekeeping: Clean all common areas, ensuring that the home or facility is neat and debris free and assist with cooking and providing meals for our patients as necessary.
- Able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment.
- Able to communicate and function in an interdisciplinary team.
- Must understand and follow company policies, including harassment and complaint procedures.
- Assist in the evacuation of residents.
- Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Six months related experience *Preferred but not required
- Experience preferred (but will train the right candidate with the right attitude and willingness to learn.)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read/write a menu for each patient
- Must also be willing to prepare food on a daily basis per our patients feeding requirements in addition to cleaning and housekeeping duties
- Must also be willing to travel, have a vehicle and transport groceries on a weekly basis.
- Must have computer or inventory experience.
- Any kind of health care or purchasing experience is a plus.
- Food Safety Handlers Certificate *Preferred not required
- Able to effectively communicate with all staff, residents and their families.
- Able to use simple math.
- Able to problem solve, plan and organize within scope of the position.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work with and relate to behaviorally challenged residents.
Must be in good physical condition and be able to life 20 to 25 lbs. with ease. Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, and move intermittently during working hours.