Legend’s Gold Leaf Dining - Only the Best…the Freshest…the Finest
Are you an experienced cook with the passion to serve others? Would you enjoy working in a kitchen using only the freshest ingredients, creating from scratch and being a part of a team that takes pride in their appetizing specialties? If so, then we are looking for you. We are currently looking for cooks who are interested in joining a leader within the Senior Housing Industry. Our communities offer a variety of venues in which to utilize your culinary expertise in full service linen tablecloth fine-dining, bistros, cafes and country kitchens.
The Cook provides hands on assistance with the daily dietary needs of the residents. The Cook is also responsible for the preparation of meals from the menu plan under the direction of the Chef and coordinates and assists with the service of the meals. At all times the Cook maintains cleanliness of production and service areas.
The Cook we select must possess a sincere passion for working with seniors, as well as have demonstrated knowledge of culinary skills in a senior living community. Applicant should work well under pressure, be organized, flexible, self-motivated, and have a great sense of humor. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to provide the highest level of culinary service and professional interaction to our residents and associates. We are looking for a Cook with previous experience, including, but not limited to:
- Follows standards for organized delivery of food service to include regular inspections of all work, storage, preparation, and service areas to determine that regulations governing food service are adhered to.
- Follows safe work procedures to include injury prevention, food safety, and infection control.
- Insures all food in refrigerator, freezer, and dry storage are labeled and dated.
- Fulfills resident special meal requests and adheres to dietary requirements.
- Possesses a minimum of one year of experience in a commercial restaurant.
Benefits are competitive and include major medical health insurance, dental coverage, life insurance, 401(k) program, voluntary insurance, paid time off, family scholarships, and associate care program.
Legend Senior Living is a drug free workplace and we do require pre-employment drug screening for any and all individuals, as well as random drug screening for current associates.