High volume, fast-paced and fun! Join our Back of the House team in Yellowstone National Park!
Applicants applying for a cook or kitchen staff position will be considered for the following positions, based on skill levels and business needs:
Chefs & Sous Chefs are responsible to direct and develop back of the house (BOH) managers and employees to support the goal of maximizing guest service through the production of healthy, tasty and attractive menu items.
Cook positions are available in our guest dining rooms, cafeterias, and employee dining rooms. Job duties of the position vary by location and function. Applicants are hired and placed according to their skill level.
Kitchen crew members will perform a variety of tasks in and around the kitchen such as light food prep, serving food in a cafeteria, running pre-ordered food to tables, performing dishwasher duties and running a cash register. As this is an entry-level position, no prior experience is needed.
What We Are Looking For
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to help guests find their ultimate Yellowstone experience—all while working to protect and preserve the park for future generations. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park. You will play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
What You Are Looking For
- Are you interested in working, living, and being an ambassador in Yellowstone National Park?
- Are you looking to make friends with people from all over the world?
- Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, exciting work environment?
- Are you seeking upward mobility and growth opportunities?
- Are you looking to gain experience in tourism & hospitality operations?
- Are you enthusiastic about Xanterra’s sustainability initiatives?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, a job in Yellowstone is ideal for you!
We have immediate openings available for the 2019 season. Ideally, you will be available to work a full season (now through October 2019). If living, working, and exploring in Yellowstone sounds intriguing and exciting to you, please read on.
- Start Date: April 2019
- Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal (ideally full season or early/late season)
- Schedule: Varies – 40+ hours per week.
- Perks include:
- Low-cost housing (dormitory style) and meals (cafeteria style) provided
- Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) provided
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, biking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, educational programs, film series, sports competitions, and more!)
- Exclusive discounts in and around Yellowstone
- Living in the world’s first National Park
We operate 31 restaurants within the park that range from fast casual to fine dining. Each of these operations functions at high volume levels in order to accommodate the millions of visitors the park sees annually. Our parent company, Xanterra Travel Collection, strives to use local and/or organic ingredients whenever possible, for both guest and employee meals. Approximately 2 million meals are served in Yellowstone every summer!
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
Applicants interested in a Cook or Kitchen Staff position in Yellowstone are drawn to the unique opportunity to work in the world’s first national park. You should be enthusiastic about our sustainability initiatives and mission to provide ‘legendary hospitality with a softer footprint’. Our cooks and kitchen staff are responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of all back-of-house functions. Being able to remain calm in a high stress environment is essential for these positions.
What We Believe
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.