You color-code, you organize, and you never let things slip through the cracks. As a Coordinator, you serve the support function for one of our business divisions. Ensuring things are running smoothly and deadlines are being met. Don’t worry…we have enough post-it notes to go around.
We are seeking a full-time Coordinator to provide support to the Health Care Research department. As a Optum team member, the Coordinator manages an array of business functions critical to the success of the department. The Coordinator will gain experience and expertise within the Company serving an important role both internally and externally as a liaison, information resource, and key point of contact.
- Act as internal and external liaison for the Health Care Research division
- Manage department InDay and training scheduling and set-up; handle in-the-moment problems; triage follow up requests; propose and implement process improvements
- Support department through key operational processes
- Manage and maintain calendars for several department executives
- Host and track member webconferences
- Oversee the national meeting sign-off process for select department teams
- Coordinate travel and itineraries on an as needed basis
- Provide other administrative and operational support to senior leadership including scheduling both internal and external meetings and calls
- Perform data entry: manage and utilize computer databases, generate necessary reports, and assure accuracy of database information
- Maintain and organize documents and archives
- Coordinate logistics for team meetings
- Assist in arranging special team and department events, functions, meetings, and lunches
- Assist with collateral creation on an as needed basis
- Track expenses and submit expense reports on a regular basis
- Coordinate onboarding process for incoming department staff members
Conduct literature searches on an as-needed basis
- HS Diploma/GED or higher
- Excellent academic record
- Must possess at least 1+ year of experience in any of the following
- Customer service experience
- Administrative support experience
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience working in an office
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with Word, Excel & Outlook. Word - Create Correspondence and work within templates. Excel - Data Entry, Sort/filter, work within tables, V Lookups, Pivot Tables, utilize formulas. Outlook - email and calendar management.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously with little day-to-day manager oversight
- Solution-focused problem solving
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively in-person, by e-mail, and by phone with senior executives
- Discretion with sensitive material and communications
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.