If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The New Ventures group is seeking applicants for a coordinator. New Ventures is responsible for sourcing and launching new businesses across the healthcare industry. Serving as a major growth engine for Optum Insights, new ventures works closely with Optum leadership and collaborates with existing business unit leaders and innovation teams to generate growth from “white space” opportunities, with a special emphasis on ideas that span industry sub-sectors. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
The coordinator is a multi-tool player that helps ensure all of the department’s critical business functions are track. The coordinator provides executive support to two Senior Vice Presidents for the new ventures group, and serves as an operational resource and project manager for the department. Excellent organizational skills, strong communication (both verbal and written) and a great sense of flexibility are required. The coordinator will gain experience and expertise within the Optum and within the healthcare industry, serving an important role both internally and externally as a liaison, information resource, and key point of contact.
The current opportunity is based in Washington, DC.
- Track against executive’s weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals
- Coordinate executive’s internal and external communications and meetings
- Manage and maintain daily schedule and travel itineraries
- Prepare agendas, compile research and data, and help with collateral creation for meetings
- Plan department-wide events including monthly staff meetings, team events, and training sessions
- Assist with collateral creation, research and other project support for the new product development teams on an as-needed basis
- Work with the Chief of Staff on various other and projects and department initiatives
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years of experience in one of the following:
- Customer service experience
- Administrative support experience
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience working in an office
- Experience working in an office (preferably in executive / administrative support)
- Experience developing personal organization tactics to meet business goals
- Experience providing objective upward feedback to managers
- Experience working discreetly with sensitive and confidential information and materials
- Experience communicating with senior executives
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Coordinator, New Ventures, Washington, DC, District of Columbia