At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
Wells Fargo’s In-House Agency (IHA) is looking for a Senior Copywriter to join one of our newer creative teams (that also includes an Art Director and Account Executive).
More specifically, we’re looking for a direct response senior copywriter who’s known for their deep knowledge and strong passion for direct response marketing including direct mail campaigns using best in class practices – someone who can consistently wow us and our clients with creativity in concept, presentation and execution. It’s not the usual agency grind. But it is a good challenge and a chance to build your own career adventure.
If you think you’re up for it, read on.
This team will sit in Charlotte, North Carolina, joining a vibrant in-house agency that has gone through a transformation in the last 24 months. We’ve aligned teams to every line of business, tightened process to focus on clear and actionable assignments from internal clients and built a culture of inclusiveness and camaraderie.
Our agency has a singular focus on helping Wells Fargo customers succeed in life financially. We’re all in on delivering great work that works – for our customers, for our brand, for our business.
Our agency culture is fun and supportive. We value fire in the belly, a sense of humor and an open, curious mind. We embrace new ways of thinking and working. We aspire to greatness. And we believe strongly in work-life balance.
As the senior copywriter for this direct response SWAT team, you must be a powerhouse thinker and writer and a delight to work with as we build a truly world-class in-house agency together.
- Adheres to consistent use of language and strategies across multiple components of a campaign by demonstrating advanced copywriting expertise across a variety of marketing executions including but not limited to, advertising, marketing collateral, direct mail, and online communication
- Develops unique solutions, new principles and concepts, utilizing data and research from internal/external resources and extensive knowledge of company and industry products, services, and marketing strategies
- Sets strategic verbal direction for creative executions and fact checks copy, ensures grammatical accuracy and reviews for message clarity and understandability relative to marketing strategy
- Works closely with ACD to shape brand vocabulary for line of businesses
- Champions the development of consistent practices, corporate style and brand standards and works to socialize them across teams and supported businesses
- Shows expertise in the craft of writing at all levels, (headlines, body copy, scripts, long-form copy, and more,) that connects emotionally and/or rationally with consumers
- Possesses a deep understanding of the brand voice and style, and ensures they are applied appropriately and thoroughly across all executions.
- Works with internal teams and clients in development and approval of strategic creative briefs.
- Collaborates closely with Art Directors and Graphic Designers throughout concept development, presentation, and execution.
- Conducts detailed oversight of execution, and partners with Proofreaders to ensure the utmost accuracy and adherence to compliance mandates.
- Maintains a thorough and current awareness of the competitive landscape as it pertains to communications in all media touchpoints.
Portfolios will be requested from selected candidates.
Charlotte, NC – 301 S. Tryon StRequired Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: marketing, creative writing, or communications writing
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 4+ years copywriting experience preferably in an in-house corporate marketing or agency environment
- 4+ years of experience in Direct Response
- Experience in credit card marketing
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- A diplomatic approach to providing feedback and critiques
- Core skills in relevant copywriting software platforms
- Expertise in the craft of copywriting that connects emotionally and rationally through digital touchpoints.
- A willingness to look beyond the day-to-day work stream and seek out opportunities
- A commitment to ongoing, productive collaboration and teamwork with agency teams as well as with client partners
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.