At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
Marketing leads the development of integrated marketing strategies across Wells Fargo's 90 plus business lines and national geography. The group is responsible for brand strategy and advertising, database and experiential marketing including the company's 12 history museums, integrated program and product development, market research and related customer analytics, and diverse segments strategy and business development.
This Sr. Copywriter role is a member of Wells Fargo’s In-House Agency (IHA). This role reports to the Associate Creative Director on the Wholesale Creative Team. The team is responsible for the creative development of marketing collateral and integrated marketing campaigns, from concept to final execution. Experience writing for varied B2B audiences is desired and financial services knowledge is preferred.
- Adheres to consistent use of language and strategies across multiple components of a campaign by demonstrating advanced copywriting expertise across a variety of marketing executions including but not limited to, advertising, marketing collateral, direct mail, and online communication.
- Develops unique solutions, new principles and concepts, utilizing data and research from internal/external resources and extensive knowledge of company and industry products, services, and marketing strategies.
- Sets strategic verbal direction for creative executions and fact checks copy, ensures grammatical accuracy and reviews for message clarity and understandability relative to marketing strategy.
- Champions the development of consistent practices, corporate style and brand standards and works to socialize them across teams and supported businesses.
- Shows expertise in the craft of writing at all levels, (headlines, body copy, scripts, long-form copy, and more,) that connects emotionally and/or rationally with consumers.
- Possesses a deep understanding of the brand voice and style, and ensures they are applied appropriately and thoroughly across all executions.
- Collaborates closely with Art Directors and Graphic Designers throughout concept development, presentation, and execution.
- Conducts detailed oversight of execution, and partners with Proofreaders to ensure the utmost accuracy and adherence to compliance mandates.
- Maintains a thorough and current awareness of the competitive landscape as it pertains to communications in all media touchpoints.
Portfolios will be requested from selected candidates.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: marketing, creative writing, or communications writing
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience assessing and meeting the needs of customers and solving customer problems
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry
- Strong portfolio showcasing marketing creative excellence across a broad spectrum of media touchpoints
- Knowledge of the Asset Management business and investment writing experience
- Experience writing for an ultra-high net worth audience preferred
- Experience in large-scale digital marketing
- Expertise in holistic digital/omni-channel engagement
- Marketing agency experience and/or a combination of in-house/client-side experience
- Deep understanding of brand and the customer, and the ability to convey that understanding through impactful print and digital experiences (financial services experience is a plus)
- A willingness to look beyond the day-to-day work stream and seek out opportunities
- A commitment to ongoing, productive collaboration and teamwork with agency teams as well as with client partners
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.