At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
This Sr. Copywriter is a member of Wells Fargo’s In-House Agency (IHA). This role reports to the Associate Creative Director on the WIM (Wealth & Investment Management) Creative Team. The team is responsible for the creative development of marketing collateral and integrated marketing campaigns, from concept to final execution. Experience writing for financial services is preferred.
- Adheres to consistent use of language and strategies across multiple components of a campaign by demonstrating advanced copywriting expertise across a variety of marketing executions including but not limited to, advertising, marketing collateral, direct mail, and online communication
- Develops unique solutions, new principles and concepts, utilizing data and research from internal/external resources and extensive knowledge of company and industry products, services, and marketing strategies
- Sets strategic verbal direction for creative executions and fact checks copy, ensures grammatical accuracy and reviews for message clarity and understandability relative to marketing strategy
- Works closely with Associate Creative Director to shape brand vocabulary for line of businesses
- Champions the development of consistent practices, corporate style and brand standards and works to socialize them across teams and supported businesses
- Shows expertise in the craft of writing at all levels, (headlines, body copy, scripts, long-form copy, and more,) that connects emotionally and/or rationally with consumers for
- Possesses a deep understanding of the brand voice and style, and ensures they are applied appropriately and thoroughly across all executions
- Works with internal teams and clients in development and approval of strategic creative briefs
- Collaborates closely with Art Directors and Graphic Designers throughout concept development, presentation, and execution
- Conducts detailed oversight of execution, and partners with Proofreaders to ensure the utmost accuracy and adherence to compliance mandates
- Maintains a thorough and current awareness of the competitive landscape as it pertains to communications in all media touchpoints
Portfolios will be requested from selected candidates.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: marketing, creative writing, or communications writing
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience assessing and meeting the needs of customers and solving customer problems
- Strong presentation skills
- Leadership experience including; coaching, training, and mentoring
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Financial services industry experience
- Marketing agency experience and/or a combination of in-house/client-side experience
- Strong portfolio showcasing marketing creative excellence across a broad spectrum of media touchpoints
- Deep understanding of brand and the customer, and the ability to convey that understanding through impactful print and digital experiences (financial services experience is a plus)
- 2+ years of direct or cross-functional people leadership
- Expertise in holistic digital/omni-channel engagement before, during and after the in-branch experience
- Experience in large-scale digital marketing
- A diplomatic approach to providing feedback and critiques
- A willingness to look beyond the day-to-day work stream and seek out opportunities
- A commitment to ongoing, productive collaboration and teamwork with agency teams as well as with client partners
CA-SF-Financial District: 420 Montgomery - San Francisco, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.