BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Responsible for concept development, execution and evolution of copy that meets brand style and tone for digital marketing communications and print. The Copywriter develops communications for assigned creative projects; evolves communications as necessary based on feedback and business needs. Responsible for content in support of BJ's brand and digital corporate initiatives – ecommerce email, organic and paid social media, video and digital content. Writes compelling copy to drive Club and web site traffic and sales as well as Club Membership. Prioritizes multiple assignments, incorporates feedback from business partners and clients, seeks guidance as needed and follows-through with project team(s) on all assignments. Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
- Writes copy for a full range of media with a strong focus on digital, including but not limited to email, ecommerce, BJs.com, paid and organic social, video and other digital content.
- Collaborates with Designers and Marketers to determine creative direction and strategy of assignments. Responsible for maintaining brand vision and voice across copy and scripts.
- Partnering with Designers and Brand Managers, presents concepts internally to Design and Brand Managers, Creative Director, business partners and senior managers.
- Insures copy is on-brand and communicates intended strategy and focus while being accurate from start to finish. Works with Designers, Studio, Proofreaders, Legal, Brand Managers and all other business partners and vendors to ensure strategy is met and accuracy is maintained.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationship with all Marketing team members, including Brand Managers, Traffic, Studio, Membership Acquisition, Community Relations, Public Relations and Ecommerce as well as business partners within other departments.
- BA or BFA in Advertising, English, Marketing, Journalism or other Communication-related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience.
- Ability to develop scripts/story boards for video concepts.
- Ability to both work independently and function as part of a team
- Outstanding English language arts, writing, editing, and proofreading skills, including familiarity with standard proofreading marks.
- Ability to mentor other writers
- Ability to work effectively with internal customers and all levels of management
- Proficiency in MS Word.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Travel to clubs to keep up to date with club environment.
- Travel to Photography studios as needed based on assigned projects
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.