At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our 9 major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. Within the Wholesale Chief Operating Office, Wholesale Business Solutions (WBS) drives the client experience through common products, services, and tools to empower the business lines to onboard and service clients effectively, compliantly, and profitably. The Wholesale PMO is aligned to Wholesale Business Solutions and reports dotted line into the newly formed Enterprise PMO (EPMO).
The Wholesale PMO (WPMO) is a team of seasoned strategy and program professionals who are aligned to support Wholesale through Portfolio Management, Program Delivery, and Project Management. Through governance and prioritization, the WPMO enables project investment decisions to be aligned to business goals and strategic priorities. Program and Project Delivery allows us to successfully execute against these priorities by advocating for our business partners while effectively collaborating with partners in technology, risk, finance, legal, operations and product. The WPMO enhances the ownership, organizational structure, standardization, and oversight of project management functions across Wholesale.
The Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Portfolio team aligns to the WPMO and is responsible for program and project delivery for the WFS, Corporate Banking, and Financial Institutions Group lines of business within Wholesale.
This candidate will report into the Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Portfolio team and will be responsible for managing all activities and people associated with the delivery of medium to complex projects across CIB. The role may manage a family or series of projects associated with a specific business strategy to obtain benefits and controls. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of successfully delivering medium to complex projects, and have familiarity with capital markets & institutional brokerage.
- Lead cross-functional project teams, managing all project lifecycle activities associated with projects that are long-term, line of business-wide and medium to high in risk, scope, complexity
- Execute end to-end project management using the Enterprise Project Methodology, demonstrating ownership of the entire process from beginning to end
- Manage matrixed project teams across the organization, including Technology, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Finance and other impacted partners
- Drive delivery of all project deliverables including business case, requirements, project planning, testing, implementation, and closing
- Create and deliver presentations to senior management on project goals and plans, including progress reports
- Recognize and manage areas of change. Document internal & external impacts, and a plan for implementation & readiness
- Identify, analyze and manage risks, issues and interdependencies, escalating as necessary and ensure project tasks are completed according to established timelines
- May provide leadership, direction and coaching to project manager staff
- Manage project budgets/forecasting, schedules, and staffing to ensure optimal business results
- May lead project staff, including training and providing input to performance evaluations
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- MS Project, SharePoint, MS Office applications
- Familiarity with capital markets & institutional brokerage
- Leadership, relationship building and management skills required
- Ability to work with others collaboratively for team success
- Proven track record of leading medium to complex projects on time and on budget utilizing disciplined project management and organization skills
- Ability to understand problems, identify solutions and develop clear options and recommendations
- Experience in formal project methodology; specifically in the creation of business cases, project initiation, development of comprehensive business requirements, identification of project interdependencies, general oversight of the development life cycle and testing strategies and the planning for successful delivery
- Experience presenting to senior management with strong oral and written presentation skills
- Ability to synthesize information to identify key risks, customer impact, financial implications, delays that could impact delivery, and issues that pose material risk to the project or business
- Reliable, results driven individual capable of completing tasks with little direction and oversight required
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.