At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Head of FinTech Corporate Banking is responsible for leading the Financial Technology industry vertical within the Tech, Media and Telecom Corporate Banking Group, managing a staff of Corporate Banking relationship managers on a national basis and developing vision and plans to support the strategic direction of the business. This key leadership position will lead the FinTech team focusing on a global customer base of large corporate through middle market clients. Additional responsibilities include:
- Managing corporate banking managers of relationship management, and relationship managers who manage credit based loan products, traditional banking services such as cash management, FX, merchant services, investments and other key cross sell services
- Being a client-facing leader for this portfolio and the sector overall and representing FinTech at industry events
- Collaborating with key wholesale LOBs within CIB and PVSI.
- Working with other customers where payments are mission critical to the business model
- Working with senior management, risk and CIB leadership in developing annual business plans and directing the group in execution of these plans
- Actively participating in the completion of major transactions
- Coordinating credit review, compliance and loan workout functions
- May direct the business of originating credit related products, investment banking/capital markets products principal and assumes the risk of its own capital.
- Responsible for building and maintaining a diverse, energetic and high performing team that is results oriented. Inspire, develop and lead team members, and support talent oriented initiatives such as diversity & inclusion and early talent programs
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of relationship management experience
- 1+ year of leadership experience
- Sales and marketing experience
- Experience growing a business or portfolio of clients
- Experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Credit or portfolio management experience
- Solid knowledge and understanding of large corporate or commercial banking clients
- Solid knowledge and understanding of treasury management, debt capital markets, interest rate/commodity risk management, foreign exchange, loan syndications, asset management, and leasing
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Capital markets experience
- Change management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance or operational risk
- Strong risk management and compliance skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.