As a part of the corporate Human Resources team, The Director of Human Resources - Healthcare administers and provides day to day primary HR activities for Oceans Healthcare. This includes implementing HR strategy and programs; implementing business performance, quality and patient care initiatives; advising leaders on people issues; and supporting associate and community engagement.
- Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the Human Resources team
- Interpret and drive departmental action planning as a result of associate engagement surveys; assess facility “temperature” through formal and informal sensing and plan actions with department managers.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and define problems, collect and analyze data, determine root cause, and identify and implement optimal solutions
- Proactively obtain, interpret and present metrics and analysis to business leaders to inform decisions (performance, attrition, hiring, vacancy, associate engagement/sensing, and other data)
- Advise designated leaders on performance counseling and discipline procedures; consult on suspension or termination of employment actions.
- Support effective leader and associate communications, determining appropriate vehicles for delivering information
- Partner with designated leaders to uphold all compliance standards (Joint Commission, Dept. of Labor, HR policies, etc.)
- Manage associate relations, ethics, and compliance functions to include investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from associates or managers.
- Maintain accurate employee information in HRIS system(s), ensuring timely data changes as needed.
- Deliver local onboarding and facility orientation programs.
- Deploy performance management/appraisal program tools and processes in their assigned facility areas. Includes coaching, participating in assigning ratings, feedback sessions and developing performance improvement plans.
Experience: 10+ years experience working as a Human Resources professional. 5+ Years Previous experience in health care setting.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
Licensure/Certification: SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.