You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
As a key member of the Optum Conference and Event Planning team, the Marketing Event / Meeting Specialist will manage small to medium budget internal conferences or events and assist the Conference Manager(s) with larger conferences. Daily duties include strategic planning and collaboration with internal stakeholders, as well as the set-up and management of their events, including logistics and special requests. This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a desire to drive successful and productive outcomes on a consistent basis.
Positions in this function are responsible for arranging the booking, set-up, and establishment of company presence at events and exhibits.
- Take direction from and partner with the Director of Conferences and Events
- Lead planning sessions, collaborate, and guide internal stakeholders on building out conference agendas
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand the requirements and outcomes of the events
- Partner with vendors to execute event to requirements set by stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with executive team, executive assistants, sales and business leaders, regarding processes and procedures necessary to execute successful events
- Logistical accountability for items such as: Planning calls / meetings with key stakeholders, confirmation of executive participation / calendaring, and logistical requests such as: dining / events / transportation / catering / audio visual
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and / or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Translates concepts into practice
- Provides explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Coaches, provides feedback, and guides others
- Acts as a resource for others with less experience
- Generally, work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) or High School Diploma / GED with 4+ years of equivalent experience in meeting or corporate event planning
- 2+ years of corporate meeting or event planning experience within a matrix organization
- 2+ years of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Word (create and edit documents), Excel (create and edit spreadsheets), and PowerPoint (create and edit presentations)
- 2+ years of experience in a deadline driven environment
- Experience coordinating and planning corporate meetings, conferences, etc for 500+ attendees
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time
- Experience planning corporate executive events and meetings
- Experience in meeting sales promotion / marketing targets
- Experience with incentive meeting planning
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, UHG, Corporate Event/Meeting Specialist, Sales, Marketing, Event Planning, Conference Coordinators, Events, Optum, UHG, corporate event planning, conference planning