Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
The Legal Services Specialist (Paralegal) is part of a team responsible for all aspects of subsidiary corporate governance. This position requires strong attention to detail, the ability to manage several ongoing projects at the same time and to adapt to an ever-changing environment. Communication with attorneys, executives, state regulators and Board members for affiliated companies will be a daily occurrence and the ideal candidate must have the ability to build and foster positive relationships as well as flex communication styles to fit the appropriate situation.
- Maintaining company minute books and electronic company records
- Managing company stock records, annual renewals, foreign qualifications and assumed name filings
- Preparing for, coordinating and attending subsidiary Board of Director and Audit Committee meetings, including the drafting of minutes and resolutions
- Providing support for Department of Insurance and financial examinations
- Coordinating biographical affidavits, background investigations and fingerprint cards for directors and officers
- Supporting special projects
- Performing legal research
- 3+ years of professional work experience
- 1+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal or equivalent experience
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word
- Beginner to intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Acrobat (form use and creation)
- Paralegal degree
- Bachelor’s degree
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Corporate Governance Legal Services Specialist, Paralegal, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota