You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
As a key member of the Optum Conference and Event Planning team, the Corporate Meeting & Event Technology Coordinator will manage our event registration website and mobile app platform for Optum hosted events. Daily duties include strategic planning and collaboration with internal stakeholders. This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a desire to drive successful and productive outcomes on a consistent basis.
- Take direction from and partner with the Director of Conferences and Events
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand the requirements for the event registration website and reporting needs
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand the needs for the event mobile app
- Evaluate internal client expectations and analyze options to provide the best setup for the registration site and reporting needs
- Create and manage meeting and event registration websites and mobile apps from start to finish
- Maintain detailed reporting, data, and metrics as required by client and event manager; including but not limited to: weekly/daily registration reports, code usage, housing reports, ad-hoc reporting
- Manage edits/changes, data entry and quality control of online conference registrations
- Test and proof meeting registration sites while managing other deadlines
- Payment processing
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and / or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Translates concepts into practice
- Provides explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Generally, work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) or High School Diploma / GED with 3+ years of equivalent experience in a meeting or corporate event planning environment
- 3+ years of basic registration website building experience (Cvent preferred)
- 2+ years of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Word (create and edit documents), Excel (create and edit spreadsheets), and PowerPoint (create and edit presentations)
- 2+ years of experience in a deadline driven environment
- Basic knowledge of html code
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time
- Cvent knowledge is preferred or other industry platforms – ie: StarCite RegOnline, SignUP4
- Experience working with DoubleDutch mobile app or other meeting & event apps
- Tech savvy, with a strong aptitude for learning new tools / systems
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.