DescriptionHumana's Corporate Strategy and Corporate Development teams are looking for high potential undergraduates from top-tier universities looking to accelerate their career development and contribute to driving disruption in the health care industry.
Humana's Corporate Strategy and Corporate Development teams are a part of the Office of the Chief Strategy Officer, which is Humana’s end-to-end strategic growth enablement function. The Office is composed of several teams which collectively own setting the strategic direction for the company, executing M&A/Joint Ventures/Strategic partnerships/venture investments to accelerate our strategy, managing the execution of the strategy, and integrating assets and driving value capture. Recent work includes:
- Partnered with private equity to purchase Kindred at Home and Curo Health Services and create the nation’s largest Home Health and Hospice company as part of a broader strategy to transform the delivery of healthcare in the home (Named Private Equity Deal of the Year)
- Launched strategic collaboration with Walgreens to test innovative care models at retail, including in-store health navigation and senior-focused, value-based primary care
- Made minority investment and deepened strategic relationship with Iora Health, a leading technology driven, value-based primary care start-up
- Launched Conviva, a leading payer agnostic value-based primary care provider, by consolidating Humana’s collection of owned and JV primary care assets in Florida and Texas under a single physician-driven brand and innovative structure and operating model
Humana's Corporate Strategy team is a small, high-performing group that works closely with Humana's senior leadership to chart the course for the company's future. In Strategy, you will identify and analyze exciting new growth opportunities and work with business leaders to prioritize strategic investments and execute strategic transformation. The Strategy team has weekly meetings with Humana’s CEO and management team and frequently presents strategy updates to the Board of Directors. The analyst role is modeled after top-tier management consulting experience. As such, day to day activities will include researching industry trends, high level quantitative analysis and financial modeling, and synthesis of strategic options as input to executive level deliverables and recommendations for Humana’s senior leaders and Board.
Humana's Corporate Development team is a high-profile, high impact group that works with Humana's top leaders to identify and execute against inorganic opportunities to accelerate our strategy. In Corporate Development, you will help source transformational M&A opportunities and execute the deal process from discovery to due diligence to signing. The Corporate Development team frequently meets with management teams of potential M&A targets and regularly works with Humana’s CEO and CFO to evaluate and discuss strategic M&A opportunities. Day to day activities will include researching potential transaction targets, coordinating due diligence activities, financial modeling, and preparing deliverables for Humana’s senior leaders and Board.
Individuals will have exposure in both areas of Strategy and Corporate Development, but will be dedicated to an individual team. All opportunities are located at Humana’s headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky.
- You recently graduated or plan to graduate from a top-tier undergraduate university before Fall 2019
- Demonstrated strong academic performance (e.g. strong GPA, academic awards)
- Proven leadership ability through academic and extracurricular experiences
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in healthcare through internships or extracurricular experiences preferred
- Commitment to innovative thought, strategic thinking, and making a difference
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Humana Inc. does not sponsor visas for its positions.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40