DescriptionHumana is a national leader in transforming the way health care is delivered, aiming to deliver a simple and connected care experience to seniors living with chronic medical conditions. In addition to our market leading Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription drug businesses, Humana continues to invest in developing a robust integrated care delivery model that integrates insurance with high value health care services, such as Primary Care, Home Care, and Pharmacy. Humana operates the 4th largest PBM, 8th largest dispensing pharmacy, owns a major stake in the nation’s largest home health care and hospice operator (Kindred at Home), and is quickly growing a portfolio of owned and joint venture senior-focused primary care assets including, Partners in Primary Care, Conviva, JenCare, and Iora. Humana is also a leader in digital health technology, operating Go365, a mobile-based Wellness solution, and Transcend Insights, a payer-agnostic population health technology platform. Humana is consistently recognized as a top place to work in healthcare, especially in areas of Diversity and Inclusion.
Corporate Strategy/Corporate Development Post-MBA Leader Role
Humana's Corporate Strategy and Corporate Development teams are looking for high potential future leaders from top-tier MBA programs looking to drive disruption in the health care industry.
Humana's Corporate Strategy and Corporate Development teams are a part of the broader Office of the Chief Strategy Officer, which is Humana’s end-to-end strategic growth function. The Office is composed of several teams which collectively own setting the strategic direction for the company, executing M&A/Joint Ventures/Strategic partnerships/venture investments to accelerate our strategy, managing the execution of the strategy, and integrating assets and driving value capture. Recent work includes:
- Partnered with private equity to purchase Kindred at Home and Curo Health Services and create the nation’s largest Home Health and Hospice company as part of a broader strategy to transform the delivery of healthcare in the home (Named Private Equity Deal of the Year)
- Launched strategic collaboration with Walgreens to test innovative care models at retail, including in-store health navigation and senior-focused, value-based primary care
- Made minority investment and deepened strategic relationship with Iora Health, a leading technology driven, value-based primary care start-up
- Launched Conviva, a leading payer agnostic value-based primary care provider, by consolidating Humana’s collection of owned and JV primary care assets in Florida and Texas under a single physician-driven brand and innovative structure and operating model
Humana's Corporate Strategy team is a small, high-performing group that works closely with Humana's senior leadership to chart the course for the company's future. In Strategy, you will identify and analyze exciting new growth opportunities and work with business leaders to prioritize strategic investments and execute strategic transformation. The Strategy team has weekly meetings with Humana’s CEO and management team and frequently presents strategy updates to the Board of Directors. Day to day activities of the Post-MBA leader will include overseeing a team of analysts to pull together industry analysis, high level financial modeling, and qualitative analysis and synthesis of strategic options to create executive level deliverables and recommendations for Humana’s senior leaders and Board.
Humana's Corporate Development team is a high-profile, high impact group that works with Humana's top leaders to identify and execute against inorganic opportunities to accelerate our strategy. In Corporate Development, you will help source transformational M&A opportunities and execute the deal process from discovery to due diligence to signing. The Corporate Development team frequently meets with management teams of potential M&A targets and regularly works with Humana’s CEO and CFO to evaluate and discuss strategic M&A opportunities. Day to day activities of the Post-MBA leader will include evaluating potential transactions, leading deal process for live engagements (e.g., coordinating with key business stakeholders across the company), and coordinating with the Corporate Strategy team on new initiatives and implications for transaction sourcing.
Individuals will have exposure in both areas of Strategy and Corporate Development, but will be dedicated to an individual team. All opportunities are located at Humana’s headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Graduation date must be after December 1, 2018
- You are enrolled full-time in a top-tier MBA program
- You have a minimum of three years of work experience prior to beginning graduate school, with a preference for strategy consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy/M&A experience (direct healthcare experience is preferred but not required)
- Proven leadership experience
- Strong executive presence
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Commitment to innovative thought, strategic thinking, and making a difference
- Ability to work independently, on a team, and with remote teammates
- Humana Inc. does not sponsor visas for its positions.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40