DescriptionThe Corporate Strategy Lead develops the organization's strategic plan(s) to ensure its continued successful growth and profitability. Conducts environmental scans, organizational positioning analyses and other studies. The Corporate Strategy Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
Role: Corporate Strategy Lead - Value-based Thought Leadership/Voice of Provider
Assignment: Chief Medical Officer
Location: Louisville, KY only
As a member of the “Voice of Provider” team within the Office of the Chief Medical Officer (OCMO), the Corporate Strategy Lead develops, manages and executes the strategy of the company’s value-based reimbursement thought-leadership and public relations efforts, including managing internal and external vendor relationships. The associate:
- Develops and executes the company’s annual value-based results report for internal and external audiences: this includes determining and gaining consensus on key metrics, working with multiple data teams to gather and validate metrics, developing the press release and related events with corporate communications, presenting results to executive audiences, developing the actual report with marketing and others, and assisting in media pitches
- Manages relationships with key trade/professional associations, including the American Medical Group Association, Medical Group Management Association, Healthcare Financial Management Association and others as warranted; such relationship work includes organizing Humana’s presence at association conferences (sponsorship opportunities, exhibit hall presence, speaking opportunities, etc.), facilitating co-sponsored research efforts, arranging thought-leader panels/speakers, and further promoting Humana’s value-based efforts, capabilities and results
- Develops content for Humana’s value-based Web pages, seeks success stories, and gathers physician/clinician perspectives to infuse a clinical mindset in business decisions.
- Contributes to the programming for Humana’s Value-based Care Executive Form (VBCEF), working with market leaders and other stakeholders to identify potential provider attendees, speakers/panelists, and discussion topics for the forum.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of experience in a health care setting and/or public relations/communications/marketing, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years demonstrated experience leading key visible projects/initiatives in which many details had to be coordinated and managed.
- Demonstrated ability to foster relationships and influence/work well with others to achieve objectives.
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated ability to manage details of projects/events while not losing sight of overall strategic objectives (the bigger picture).
- Familiarity with value-based reimbursement arrangements (ideally experience promoting, negotiating or implementing such arrangements)
- MBA, MHA or other advanced degree.
10 to 15% travel.
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40