Shift: Monday-Friday 9A-5:30P
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated Cost Estimation Representative to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
Providing cost estimates can be complex and variable but is one of the more recent changes in Healthcare. As a Cost Estimation Representative, you can be a part of this movement. You will be responsible for responding to requests from patients, physician offices, insurance companies, and individuals wanting cost estimates for medical services. This person will assign CPT and DRG codes relative to anticipated medical procedures and exams. The Cost Estimation Representative will utilize electronic health record systems to verify appropriate patient identification and medical service information. This work will need to be performed according to established policies and procedures. The associate will provide exceptional customer service to physicians, patients, family members and all other medical professionals.
In addition to the day to day responsibilities, this person will actively participate in accuracy improvement and innovative change processes as well as departmental meetings and educational offerings.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated experience handling patients with efficiency and accuracy to broad customer base.
Your day to day role may include:
- Answer inbound calls, collect insurance information, formulate an estimate, and communicate anticipated balance with patients
- Perform registration and basic insurance verification, ensuring collection of 7 critical data elements necessary for proper patient identification and billing.
- Identify and update patient demographic information on ADT system as defined by departmental policy and procedures.
- Interpret physician orders for appropriate testing or admission criteria.
- Identify non-participating Insurances or Out of Networks plans; takes necessary steps to inform patients and physicians regarding options, including but not limited to canceling appointment.
- Obtain Insurance Card copies or validate insurance information via electronic medical record, transfer information, or insurance eligibility tool.
- Provide courteous and accurate patient and hospital information with way finding instructions for patients, families, visitors, and ancillary areas.
- Assist with all possible account resolutions pertaining to patient balances.
- Respond to emails and voicemails regarding requests for estimates
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience with customer service
- Computer savvy with experience navigating between multiple systems simultaneously
- Must have MS Office Experience and excellent typing skills
- Must have a high degree of customer service skills in order to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, physicians and care teams
- Must demonstrate problem-solving abilities and high attention to detail
- Must be able to sit and utilize computer and telephone equipment for extended periods of time
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience working in a healthcare environment
- Completed a Medical Terminology class
- Certification in healthcare access preferred
- Bilingual- Spanish
- Familiarity with CPT codes
- Familiarity with health insurance benefits and claims
R1 is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.